Prop firms or arcades for trading the emini ?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by CALLumbus, Nov 6, 2016.

1. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Hi,

are there any good prop trading firms or arcades for (remote) trading the emini left in the US or somewhere else in the world ?

My focus is still on Eurex products because of the low exchange fees, but with the possibility of FTT coming in Europe soon I am thinking of switching to the emini and bond futures. CME exchange fees are very high compared to Eurex, so I am thinking of either leasing a seat or joining a (remote) trading firm that can offer me (very) low fees per contract in exchange for a profit split.

Thanks for all input !

Greetings,
    CALLumbus

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

At Wedbush through Lightspeed, we can offer up to 25% of SPAN margin for day-trading with as little as $25,000 to start. Why would you want a prop firm with your money as first loss in futures when there is no DT rule and you can get great leverage without it?

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Dear Robert,

thanks for the input.

For my style of scalping, I need a very low cost structure, or I will not be net profitable. This is one of the big advantages on Eurex. Exchange fee for Bunds and Bobls is only 0.20 EUR per contract, for the FESX 0.30 EUR per contract.
    In contrast, the exchange fee for the S&P500 emini is 1.17 USD per contract. That is too much for me, my profit margin would be too low.

I know Wedbush is a nice FCM, but they cannot lower the exchange fee for me. So basically I have 2 options: lease a CME seat, but I guess that there will be a lot of bureaucracy and paperwork involved, especially since I am not a US citizen and resident in the EU.
    2nd option that I can see is trading with a prop group that can give me access to low rates in exchange for a share on my profits.
    I am already in contact with prop groups in London, but I was hoping there are also some firms in the US or some other countries that can offer even better conditions for US futures contracts.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Yes, becoming a member will save you a lot including the NFA fee, if you are active. Non-US is not an issue and the process is not that hard.The CME membership department is very helpful. The IMM lease is around $350/month with a one time transfer/application fee of around $300. conciergeteam@cmegroup.com

eusdaiki and CALLumbus like this.
  5. algofy

algofy

This is all nonsense. Cme bonds has the best costs to tick size ratio out there.

Rationalize and MoneyMatthew like this.
  6. depends on the volume you are doing. also depends on how much you can put up as first loss and if you need remote. The guys paying 10c a round turn are not trading remote.

7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

@robert: Thank you for that info. I will contact them.

@algofy: you must use different math than me. Bund/Bobl exchange fee is 0.20 EUR, tick size is 10 EUR, so you pay 2%.
    ZB has 0.80 US$ exchange fee, tick size is 31.25 US$, so you pay 2.56% which is WORSE than 2.00%.

@propwarrior, do you have some names/ contacts ? PM is welcome, of course.

8. algofy

algofy

if your edge is so razor thin .5 % commission makes a difference I don't really know what to say.

9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Algofy, the edge is thin, but not THAT thin. This was just a reply to your comment that what I wrote was nonsense and to correct you in your believe that CME bonds offer the best cost to tick size ratio.

Even if the edge is not that thin that a 0.5% difference breaks it, I prefer 0.5% in my pocket over not having it.

algofy likes this.