Prop firms in Portland Oregon or Seattle Washington

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by pinebilly, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Is anyone aware of any prop firms (futures related) in Portland Oregon or Seattle Washington? I would even be open to stocks or options.

I know its a long shot but I thought I would at least ask. Prop firms to me means 100% financial backing (also a monthly draw). I don't think any exist but someone out there might know more than me.

Thanks in advance.

2. DEStocks

DEStocks

I've been searching far and wide trying to come up with some traders in the Seattle area but continue to have no success. I believe I'm going to have to build something myself.

3. It's tougher on the west coast, generally speaking, because NYSE and others open based on EST which means the shop would have to be open from around 5:00 AM and the market would close at 1:00PM. It's gonna be hard to find any prop firm out there.

4. MGB

MGB

Just before the dot com bubble back in 2001, there was a prop firm in downtown Seattle, ProTrader. It's not there anymore.

I've searched for a prop firm for the last 15 years. Besides Protrader, I have not seen anything else.

I would be in favor of having a prop firm in downtown Seattle.

Trading from 5am to 1pm does not bother me. In fact, imagine all the free time you would have in the afternoon.

5. Yes those hours are fine.. in fact they are great. Go to bed early get up early, have the remainder of the day.

I dont think any firms exist in the NW and I have a hard time believing its due to "hours of operation".