Prop firms in London

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

StreamlineTrade,

I think I better PM you. One of the moderators brought it to my attention that this thread is beginning to look like a sales pitch and after re-reading many of the posts, I would agree with him.

Part of that is because I had to address a single poster that was asking specific issues about my firm and so when I responded, it sounded like a sales presentation. That is not my intent of this thread and I need to keep it on topic. I'm not interested in violating the TOS rules here at ET. So ST, I will send you a PM that deals with the questions you ask.

I'll try to keep my questions and responses on this thread limited to the general overall prop environment in London. This thread was really about a fact finding mission for me. It was not for me to recruit traders. Thank you everyone.

#41     Jan 15, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

ST,

I sent you a PM. BTW, Magna might remove your long post and I would probably suggest to him that he should. I know it was not your intention, but it makes you like a shill for me, which I assure the board he is not. LOL.

So Magna, that's cool if you pull that post. I want to keep this thread on topic and do not wish to see it removed. So if anyone has specific questions, they can PM me. If you have general questions or comments about the London Prop environment, please post them here.

#42     Jan 15, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think you are right. I found this link on the web concerning that form and it appears to confirm what you already said. Thanks for the help.

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cach...irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf+W-8BEN+form&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

#43     Jan 15, 2006
  4. StreamlineTrade

StreamlineTrade Guest

No probs. Thanks for the reply.

#44     Jan 15, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Thanks for your contribution to this thread. I also appreciate you keeping it on topic.

#45     Jan 16, 2006
  6. Hi mav,
    Dunno if it is of any help, but check this out:

#46     Jan 16, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Thank you Bit. I'll have to find a lawyer to translate this for me.

#47     Jan 16, 2006
  8. Couldn't agree more. Nothing like floating in 2 feet of fresh pow to keep the mind clear for trading. I can get my adrenaline pumping from skiing the Chutes at Mt. Rose instead of from the market or some silly internet message board. Maybe there's a reason the area is loaded with money managers? Oh, and did I mention the taxes?

Just trying to keep things on track here!

Cheers

#48     Jan 20, 2006
  9. I think we should hug our fellow traders. Life is to short to argue with other traders. As traders we are all right and have big egos or we would not take the risk.

Easy MavMan.......do not get so excited about what other may or try to say to you and your grand plans.

Todd is a very good trader and manages big money. Let his trading and returns speak for himself.

Running/Managing a trading firm has alot less to do with trading than most of us would think.

That is why most great traders trade .......and let average traders manage or let average traders manage till we can raise the $100 Million.

Next stop on SP market will be cash 1250. Lets make some money and enjoy life.

Trade well

#49     Jan 26, 2006
  10. romik

romik

Can anyone from UK recommend a trade management software, like TradeLog, but for a UK trader (trading US futures)?

Could you please send me a PM.

Romik

#50     Apr 6, 2006