Prop firms in Canada

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by serioustrader, Oct 4, 2010.

1. I am one of the owners of Everest and I can tell you the post that was listed above was not done by any of us but rather a manager of one of the branch offices. Anybody who would like more information should feel free to contact me but I do not feel ET should be used to shill, every trader has a firm that will suit them better then others. All traders need to find a firm that suits their style of trading.

Please except my applogies to all ET users that this post was placed, I have asked ET to remove it. PM me if you would like info but we do not suit all traders and all traders should do their own homework to find out what firm suits them best

#11     Oct 7, 2010
  2. wtf? i thought everest is just part of the World Trade Securities. WTS. If thats the case why would anyone go through you if they can just go directly to WTS? and if they are a part of WTS we know planty about their managment in Montreal and New york. lots of threads about that. this thread is just useless shill thread. like always, good job WTS.

#12     Oct 7, 2010
  3. Trust me guys, he IS the one PMing everybody here about his new shop using various names.
    Cut your crap mate, it has always been you trying to promote your goddamn new chopshop.
    That is so so obvious from your behaviour that you are a naive boy, which is the reason that I would never recommend your firm to anyone. Who the hell would wanna use a childish broker that knows nothing about business but his own vision in the ideal world.

#13     Oct 7, 2010
  4. If you look at all my pervious post I have one id here, never speak bad about any firm just believe that different firm fit different people. I think Goldie is a good deal you are looking to trade with a deposit he has a lot going for them there, I think Lynx is good as well as well as Title. Just different people will go to different places. All firms have their negative points and all firms have their positive points. I do not patrol looking for traders on ET and when I do see traders I ahve find what type of traders they are and I feel comfortable to send traders to other firms if my firm does not fit their style

#14     Oct 7, 2010
  5. I didnt know any trading companies were 'up and coming' these days... Granted this is a large assumption, but 'up and coming' generally means shaving rates and poaching traders. I would bet money Everest capital hasnt 'taught' anyone anything...

#15     Oct 8, 2010
  6. as obvious as it is, trading is a risk business, but now your everest chopshop is claiming that there is NO risk joining ?

trading is all about risks and probability. citi could go from a 250billion market cap bank to almost bankrupty, how is your 25k capitalized chopshop be riskfree?

#16     Oct 8, 2010
  7. Who ever claimed trading is risk free??? I am curious about where Everest said this? And to say the company is capitalized 25k, are you joking, look I have no problem with stating facts you know, but get all the facts before you share with other people out there

#17     Oct 9, 2010
  8. @.@ you know any of those firms?

#18     Oct 16, 2010
  9. Hi serioustrader,

We are a well known, and long-established direct access prop trading firm based in Midtown Manhattan, and are looking to expand our business into Canada. We are currently forming a group of experienced traders in order to make our presence known in the Canadian market. Remote trading accounts will be provided for traders who qualify, but reside out of reach. This opportunity is intended for residents of Canada only.

The group will trade NYSE, and NASDAQ securities (including ETFs). Derivatives such as futures, options, CFDs, spread betting, and other leveraged instruments as currencies, fixed income, warrants, or TSX, and LSE listed stocks will not be traded (though this may change with time).

This is strictly a pay-for-performance position - not salaried - and you must possess a results-oriented personality. No mentoring will be provided, as we are only interested in experienced traders seeking to take their career to the next level. We aim to harness a diversity of profitable trading styles amongst the group so the firm’s edge is not compromised, or concentrated in one particular methodology. These include (but are not limited to): Active scalping/rebate trading, pairs trading/statistical arbitrage, momentum/breakout trading, event/news trading, trend following, and reversal trading. Overnight swing positions MAY be allowed subject to various conditions.

We are not, a market-making firm, or hedge fund, and as such are not interested in hiring algorithm-driven quant analysts, or programmers who focus on developing theoretical pricing models, and delegate execution duties to junior staff; we don’t believe market psychology can be manipulated into a math equation. This opportunity is not intended for fundamental, and value investor types either. All traders will be responsible for their own execution, and P&L.

You will be required to demonstrate your skills through a demo account prior to coming on board in order to determine your suitability to the firm, and proficiency with our sophisticated trading platform. Your personal trading records may be requested, as we believe “luck” to be a foreign word in maintaining an edge in this business.

No credit check, capital contribution, risk deposit, training fee, or licensing is required of the trader, or group. The firm is well capitalized, and will fund all accounts with sufficient buying power.

If this opportunity has piqued your interest we invite you to a one-on-one discussion to answer your questions, and clarify your concerns. Group conferences between traders, and senior management will follow. Our preferred method of communication is via Skype, however, phone sessions can also be arranged. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please reply back with the following info in a PRIVATE MESSAGE:

Your first name, age, general trading style (scalping, breakouts, pairs, swing trading…), average daily execution volume, duration of your experience, if you have been consistently profitable for at least 4 to 6 months, whether you have previously traded with a trading firm, bank, or hedge fund, if you prefer in-office, or remote trading, and your Skype address.

Regards.

#19     Oct 23, 2010
  10. i will sign up and am wiring a million right now.

#20     Oct 24, 2010