Prop Firms in/around Vancouver BC.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NevouS, Mar 12, 2009.

1. thedewar

thedewar

another trick would be to also call yourself a portfolio managing company (and become one if you want). But then you can also expense EVERYTHING (house/car/gas/clothes etc.) because if its a personal business you could call everything related to sales and atleast for the first 5 years the government will let most startup companies work without any fear of audit. I'd recommend actually having some real income from managing if you're good at it, just get friends and family to give you some money.... even if its a little amount you could just call yourself a shitty salesman. But yeah all personal expenses could be written off, as well as paying minimal taxes with gains.

#41     Mar 19, 2009
  2. NevouS

NevouS

Great tax information guys.

#42     Mar 20, 2009
  3. tweakie

tweakie

Henry here from Vancouver. I am looking for a good local prop firm and have already went through most of the posts on this thread. All I saw were two firms: Bright and Title. It looks like Bright charges more fees than Title ($10 vs. $0.25 per 1000 shares). Can anyone else provide me their recommendations on which firm to join based on reputation and business practices.

I have a pretty good trading record, which I've posted at the link below (right column scroll down)
    http://pickyinvestor.blogspot.com/

#43     Mar 20, 2009
  4. IQ139

IQ139

Henry, Bo here from Vancouver

why is your 2009 so bad, don't you day trade, you obviously don't, you should look into it, benefits are many

unless you don't have time or nerves for it, ES can handle large orders too

#44     Mar 20, 2009
  5. tweakie

tweakie

Bo I swing trade and day trades as well. So do you just trade your own account?

#45     Mar 20, 2009
  6. #46     Mar 20, 2009
  7. IQ139

IQ139

I day trade futures only, and I am a bit amazed at your bad 2009, this year so far was really good for day traders, regardless if you follow trend or do mean reversion

anyway just a comment that you can do better, that's all

#47     Mar 20, 2009
  8. IQ139

IQ139

Back off, I am trying to make some friends that don't yet know I am psychotic

:p :p :p

see this is my angle, this is how it works

I pretend to be all nice and NORMAL, and then when they do get that I am not normal

they are too afraid to back out, and I got me some friends that way

GET IT ???

of course some like you just adore me the way I am :D

but don't adore me too much :mad:

#48     Mar 20, 2009
  9. tweakie

tweakie

Yes, day traders thrive when volatility is high. Unfortunately I haven't been that active in the day trading department since the new year.

#49     Mar 20, 2009
  10. Swift?

#50     Mar 21, 2009