Prop Firms in/around Vancouver BC.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by NevouS, Mar 12, 2009.

1. IQ139

IQ139

LOL allow me to demonstrate just how intelligent I am

take a look at what you just wrote

YES traders move out of scalping when they encounter liquidity issue,

if what you are arguing was correct

traders would NEVER move out of scalping they would just increase number of instruments

you are not good enough to clean my boots son :cool:

don't enter EMINIS, you'll just hand me your money :cool:

#31     Mar 19, 2009
  2. hey afa, well in bc, its taxed like regular income. Its a scaled system, so the more you make the more you pay. What I did was have my business incorporated. Or you can got the other routes, for businesses, but it was the way to go for me. You can either send an email to the smallbusiness center in vancouver, they will send you a fyi package on how to start your own business, or contact any accountant/lawyer. The costs are min, and you save a bundle on taxes. Also get a good program, or excel program to download trades, it makes it alot easier for your accountants, since your new to bc, and he/she probably first time dealing with your type of trades, makes life easier, so on tax time its just print and done.

#32     Mar 19, 2009
  3. IQ139

IQ139

Okay now I am really laughing, you are soooo dumb

check this out

The issue is NOT what individual traders would do

The Question is, Is Scalping Inferior way to trade

remove traders from equation and look at it technically, the sever size limitation with scalping makes is inferior way to trade REGARDLESS WHAT INDIVIDUAL TRADERS CHOOSE TO DO

I won't respond to a dummy like you anymore, you have a learning impairment :cool:

#33     Mar 19, 2009
  4. NevouS

NevouS

I don't see how this guy says it is inferior, it is just another tool/time frame on how to trade. You can say day trades, swing trades, short term options are inferior. A great trader should use scalp/day/swings to diversify trades if the account is large enough to hold positions overnight.

#34     Mar 19, 2009
  5. The nice thing i find is that when you go over to MCL motor cars and walk out with a new Aston, they dont care how you got the money. If youre young and in vancouver, they probably assume its drugs anyways, and they still dont care!

#35     Mar 19, 2009
  6. thedewar

thedewar

Should be movin to Van in the fall if i get into SFU (just wanna finish my finance degree). Wouldn't mind learning some techinques. I follow the markets really closely, usually about 4-5 hours a day. Haven't traded yet (need to get more $$ together). I'm not adverse to trading prop if there's anything useful there.

#36     Mar 19, 2009
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

Bright Trading is in Langley and Vancouver.
    Langley office has been around longer and
    is the larger of the two.

#37     Mar 19, 2009
  8. jj90

jj90

Momo, dont even bother.

mahram, at what dollar amount should one look to incorporate? I talked to an accountant and the figure I got was at least 40k to make it worthwhile.

#38     Mar 19, 2009
  9. afajtr

afajtr

jj90, what other insights did you get from that accountant in terms of savings. I mean, once you incorporate then that trading income will be taxed at a lower bracket close the 20% figure right? But then what? You need to pay yourself a salary which will be taxed again, correct? So adding both taxes, what would be net tax margin you end up paying and how does that compare to the 43% (assuming you are in the highest individual bracket as an individual).

#39     Mar 19, 2009
  10. Salary is an expense from your corp, so you dont get double taxed. Corp rate is 17.6% on first 400k and around 34%(i think) for amounts over. Normally the strategy is to keep 400k in your corp, transfer that up to a hold corp you use for other businesses/investing/whatever to build a seperate legal nest egg, and pay out anything over 400k personally.

#40     Mar 19, 2009