Prop firms for remote traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sparda, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Sparda

Sparda

Hello,

I am an experienced trader living in Canada, but far from the main cities. So I am interested to know what are the main prop trading firms in Canada or in the USA that let confirmed traders the choice to trade from their home office? I am looking for Prop firms that don't require an initial deposit.

Thanks for you help.

2. lescor

lescor

You're an experienced trader with no money to put up? Something's not adding up...

3. GGSAE

GGSAE

LOL you want to trade remote with no deposit? :confused:

4. hifreq

hifreq

previous replies probably referred to day trading shops ...
    if you have a solid track record (particularly w/systematic strategy) then you may be interested in a position at a hedge fund that will seed you - pls reply directly to dtg_finance@yahoo.com as i only check this periodically

5. Sparda

Sparda

Hello,

I precise my request, I have already a personal account with an online day-trading broker where I manage my own funds on swing trading operations. And this is not what I am looking for.

I currently work for a prop trading firm where I manage their funds. I do it either from their office or from home. I am not satisfied from them for many reasons that I don't want to display here. I respect all the companies I worked for and if I disagree with some points and no compromise can be found I prefer leaving.

I know proptrading.ca and lynxtrading.ca on Montreal that accept remote trading with only a security deposit to cover the eventual losses. But they provide the buying power. I am looking for this type of firms in Canada or in the States that accept remote trader based in Canada.

I can provide my last months records about my Nasdaq, Nyse and Amex equities transactions.

:)

6. lescor

lescor

So you're saying you have a 'security deposit' that you can put up? If it's at least $10,000 you shouldn't have too much trouble finding what you're looking for.

7. Sparda

Sparda

Usually in some prop firms, if you do a security deposit of 1k, it allows you to loose for instance 400-500 bucks per day. If you loose 2 times this amount consecutively, the firm will ask you to make another deposit otherwise your account is disabled. You are responsible for your losses.

If you earn $2,000 during the first week of the month, your next daily losses will be deducted from this Gross Profit before using the money of your security deposit.

I know 2 companies in Montreal that work like this, my thread is to identify other firms, outside the province of Quebec that also accept remote traders.

8. Sparda

Sparda

I find we can trade remotely thru firms that do not require any licenses, such as Benchmarq, JC Trading, CY Trading Group.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

9. i have a friend who trades remote through title trade. the offie is based out of calgary but his home office is in edmonton. titletrading.com should have contact info in it