Prop Firms for Options Writers

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by optionable, May 12, 2008.

1. magicz

magicz

I would love to work with you but $1000 monthly up front fee make me laugh. If the membership fee was like a low percentage of the monthly gross + commission. then I'll put 50K down ASAP. What you advertised is completely one sided. I would rather pay retail at $1.00 per at least I know I can control my fees. Plus you probably looking for the .05 - .10 churners that do high volume anyways.:)

#11     May 12, 2008
  2. magicz

magicz

let me borrow 400k?:D

#12     May 12, 2008
  3. tyrant

tyrant

What is a PM account and how does it differ from a regular account? More leverage and cheaper commissions? If so, what is the critieria for getting it?

Thanks

#13     May 12, 2008
  4. Portfolio Margin account. It's TIMS-based risk-margin available to customers with >$100k in their account. It's a simple application process.

#14     May 12, 2008
  5. ammo

ammo

the 1k upfront fee may entitle u to market maker rates and lower margin,without owning or renting a seat,that's generally what these firms offer and they expect to profit from it,if you trade enough size it would probably save you a ton in commmish

#15     May 12, 2008
  6. magicz

magicz

remember they are still charging u .25 per contract + all pass thru fees. so they are still making tons of money off of you plus the $1000 up front. Like you said if we trade enough volume then why the $1000 up front.

#16     May 12, 2008
  7. tyrant

tyrant

Is it specificcally for options trading mainly? Is the TIMS based more lenient compared to SPAN? Do you need trade big volums to qualify or is in based on acc. size >100k? And ano difference in comm?

Thanks a lot, atticus

#17     May 12, 2008
  8. PM applies to stock as well. No volume req; only that you maintain a cash balance in excess of $100k. If you close under $100k you revert to reg-T. Same comms.

#18     May 12, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

my experience with these types is a little dated,but they were more interested in adding your cash pile to theirs so they could trade with other peoples money and put their cash away,they would get enough people to come in for the better rates and use the unused portions to put traders out and collect part of the profit,with this thought in mind,u would think negotiating would not be out of the question

#19     May 12, 2008
  10. magicz

magicz

I know what you mean. But some people might think that is a great deal, to pay up front and be charge commission per contract.

#20     May 12, 2008