Prop Firms For Options Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by riskfreetrading, Jan 27, 2008.

1. I am searching for Prop Trading Places for Options. I trade online. I do not need any education from them. The aim are places with low margin requirements. Low per-contract commissions. Also I am more interested in having access to lines of credit where I pay them per use rather than sharing with them my profit.

Also any comments on software they may have to hunt for
    pricing of specific spreads in real-time.

I will consider any proposition.

Any suggestions?

2. quannabe

quannabe

Since no one has replied to the OP, I will list a few here: Vtrader, Simplex, and Breakwater. These are more or less arcades. I consider "props" as Peak6 and Group One, etc.

The 600k question, however, is: Which Trading Arcades dedicated to the pro option trader will provide a transparent Balance Sheet? (Where's Mav on this?)

3. dd4nyc

dd4nyc

That's not an easy one. I heard about http://www.justoptions.com/

They're subsidiary of peak6, but you should expect to put up some of your own money

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just a little heads up. If you want to get into a JBO and trade options, you are going to need some capital behind you. The options side of the business is not like the 5k to 10k down and pull the lever prop firms you typically see on ET.

Having said that, there is no shortage of places where you can trade options in a JBO.

5. blufin74

blufin74

Archelon LLC &
    G-Bar

Breakwater is mainly a basis trading firm that just split from Peak6. They don't even trade energy anymore. At least that's what I heard.

6. quannabe

quannabe

Hey Mav, is $50k enough? What sort of statement of financial condition can Vtrader provide to prospective members?

7. quannabe

quannabe

bump...

8. Edit: nm OP was asking about prop firms not retail.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'll be more then happy to discuss with you. Shoot me a PM