Prop firms for liquidity trading ??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 2COOL4U2BME, Jul 5, 2003.

1. j1010

j1010

$1 per execution

#11     Aug 13, 2003
  2. j1010

j1010

Rebates are always marked down and removes are always marked up.
    That's is the way this companies make money, but you still get a decent rebate.

#12     Aug 13, 2003
  3. i have no interest in joining a firm like this but i am fascinated in trying to understand the business model of liquidity trading.... is there an arcticle or website that explains this stuff... do not worry i am not your competition... just a trader a little long in the tooth who is happy watching his 3 min and 13 min charts trading the emini ... i will leave the liquidity biz to guys younger than me... however really would like to understand the biz better.... thanks

#13     Aug 13, 2003
  4. I believe it involves finding stocks that trade high volumes in tight channels and involved you trying to pin the market (100k up bid /offer) and absorbing the pressure, hoping it will turn around and run into your over side of teh market..

Even if you happen to trade it flat, you and the firm makes $$$$ off of passive ECN use..

If you end up losing more than $5000 a day, they send you home for the day.... Obviously if you di this too much you get canned...

A few guys were doing this at a firm in jersey city last fall, I have no idea if the firm is still there.. Is someone really wants to know, PM I can track down my old tradings buddies and find out...

It sounded ok, but I get the impression you trade correctly 10 times, and one rip of the stock and you give back your entire day. on the loss....

#14     Aug 13, 2003
  5. thanks for the explanation... kinda get it.... i think.....

#15     Aug 13, 2003