Prop Firms coming to Detroit Area?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Trader7793, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Has anyone heard of any prop firms planning on opening an office in the Detroit Metro Area anytime soon?

2. Moreagr

Moreagr

I would like to know as well..i believe there is 2 prop firms in southfield outside of detroit. not the best place to trade :( we are far and few.

3. bdon

bdon

I know one of the groups in Southfield is under Generic. I used to work for Generic in nyc and contacted them before, the office manager seemed nice enough. I don't know about another group.

Whatever happened to Ruben's firm out there on w.14 mile. He had the original prop shop in Detroit in the 97-99 heyday.

I would be interested in hearing more about Detroit firms. Born and raised myself, I might like to come home someday.

4. I believe that group in southfield under Generic is a strictly retail operation (an old All-Tech group). They were basically a group of guys trading their own money, not really offering the usual prop leverage. Also last December Generic was not able to hold licenses for traders based in Michigan, I was not able to get my licenses transferred to them. I found this out while trying to remote trade with them and speaking with the State securities regulators. I found out half way through the process that they were not registered in this state and then I found out that the firm would require me to get them registered and cover the fees. So basically that was a no go.