Prop firm won't send check to close my account

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by syswizard, Feb 7, 2006.

1. This is just painful. Watching this guy keep falling for these stupid bullshit lines... feels like putting salt in my eyes. ;(

#51     Feb 27, 2006
  2. Hey syswizard
    DHL is very sharp this is all bullshit
    Have some one in nyc go to their office and pick the fucking cheque right away or either u r just playing around or they are playing around
    I dont understand - ?:mad: :confused: :eek:

#52     Feb 27, 2006
  3. bvam1

bvam1

OMG, I just can't believe you actually waited so long for the check w/o doing anything drastic.

#53     Feb 27, 2006
  4. Top 5 Reasons You Did Not Get Your Check!

5. The dog ate it.

4. Waiting until after Mardi Gras since the company is going to give up sending out checks for lent.

3. The postal service is being run by a Dubai company and for national security purposes they are holding the check.

2. They are waiting for the Iraqi Dinars they bought with client money to appreciate so they can make a fortune and then return the original investment to clients.

1. You cannot bounce a check if you do not write one.....

#54     Feb 27, 2006
  5. Remember, I went to the TOP of the clearing firm immediately....the President. He then contacted his Compliance Officer who called me. Another "flunky" was involved too. Neither one did much for me...actually they tried to make me look bad by saying I didn't need to go directly to the Pres. The Compliance Officer then said "We don't have to do anything for you, as "they" (prop firm) are our customer". Yep, that was the "attitude".
    I just wonder: Should I end these guys careers at the clearing firm or should I instead insure the Prop firm goes out of business....or both ?

#55     Feb 27, 2006
  6. BOTH!

#56     Feb 27, 2006
  7. u have to begin threatening them with dedicating the rest of your years on destroying their reputation.

ACT NOW

#57     Feb 27, 2006
  8. mrmoose

mrmoose

who is their SRO?

#58     Feb 27, 2006
  9. Lose the power trip, you cannot insure the prop firm goes out of business or end these guys careers from your one complaint. If you got a complaint, then file it instead of dancing around here for nothing and get your money back.

I think you are spending more time here than working to get your money back. If it was me I would have called every day until someone sent me a tracking number to prove a check was sent instead of waiting almost two months for it. Being told that it was sent already or that it got bounced is letting them walk all over you. I had a client years ago who pulled similar dances. I did not whine or puff my chest. I was on his ass each and every day the minute it was overdue until he paid me and after a week and other threats he got the point and a tracking number was sent to me confirming the FedEx was sent.

Either demand the money now and move or let them drag you along. But one person slow in getting their money is not going to put fear in anyone. You heard what the broker said to you, they care nothing about you because the client is generating all their fees.

Not trying to be harsh or rude but realistic. This little dance gets you no where. Someone tells you the check is in the mail and you smile and say ok?????? I would be in someone' ear every day the minute the check was overdue in the first place and would not stop calling until I had a check in hand.

#59     Feb 27, 2006
  10. (What you should've done six weeks ago)

Write a demand letter to the managing member and CC every member of the firm who may be able to put pressure on him. You CC everyone because you're not sure if the managing member is telling others the same story he's telling you.

You simultaneously send the same demand letter and ALL documentation to the firm's SRO and the SEC (and /or the NASD) and when applicable you request an arbitration hearing ASAP.

At this point it's generally out of the hands of the guy who has been shinning you on. Either he pony’s up....or he's in big effing trouble.

You can't pussyfoot around with these guys. You have to go straight to thermonuclear war. That’s the only thing that most shysters understand.

Personally, I have had to do this on two occasions.

Fairly quickly, I got what I was owed both times

#60     Feb 27, 2006