Prop firm won't send check to close my account

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by syswizard, Feb 7, 2006.

1. It's Hold, isn't it? They are notorious for not paying money to traders who leave them. Lot of people are owed over $10k from Hold and will never get it back.

Nick at Benchmarq is a stand up guy and you can learn a lot from him.

#41     Feb 24, 2006
  2. allonred

allonred

I am intrested in getting in at a prop shop. Been trading for a while with on and off profitablity. It woul be nice to get in at a shop that gives a little training. Could you post Nick's contact info?

#42     Feb 24, 2006
  3. Well i have to say
    i have seen a couple of web site of prop firm which r so well designed and all but trust me u would not want to be anywhere close to them
    I would not like to mention Names
    But hey u cannot judge a book by it cover unless u have seen everything and read everything in it.
    If a website make u comfortable with a company good luck
    And i have to say i got my $8850 ( my initial Dep ) cheque faster then u :)
    Any way keep us informed :) GL

Hey SSP trading i saw you p/l u are using the same software i was using are u at the same firm ( loc or remote )how is it going with u , u seem to do preety well with your p/l

Ye i m thinking of getting back remotely hopefull in 1 month time
    just have to take care of few stuff right now

#43     Feb 24, 2006
  4. kson

Thanks yes its going well so far thanks I hope to see you back soon.

www.benchmarqtrading.com

4 the other fellow.

#44     Feb 24, 2006
  5. OT: good to know there are other benchmarq traders here on ET. are you guys trading in the office or remote? i havent used blackwood but have they improved their charting recently? since this is off topic, PM appreciated.

#45     Feb 24, 2006
  6. Nick is a great guy. I know him personally. You should have no problems there. Good luck...

#46     Feb 26, 2006
  7. Well Guys....it's been 6 weeks since my first request for a partial withdrawal of capital...and 4 weeks since my request to close the account. Their "trader's agreement" stipulates that capital withdrawals or profit checks are only to be disbursed on the first and 15th of each month. 14 days has gone by since the last disbursement date.
    The latest excuse is: "DHL bounced the Saturday delivery of the check due to a wrong zip code".
    I am supposed to have a check tomorrow.
    We'll see.
    Isn't this incredible ?
    Moreover, the "big brokerage" house that is doing the account management did NOT step up to the plate at all here....as they were protecting "their" customer. I really feel like shooting off a letter to the President of that firm and telling him the whole story. IMHO, a couple of people could (should ?) lose their jobs over this.

#47     Feb 27, 2006
  8. I am suprised you still have not received your cash. More suprised that you have not informed the clearing firms mgt. about the difficulty you are experiencing. Tell the guy who is holdiing your money that in this internet age, bad reputation travels fast...really fast. Maybe he will then weigh the pros and cons of holding on to your money vs. getting smacked in blogs and sites and never getting any business from potential online traders. Good luck

#48     Feb 27, 2006
  9. I am surprised he has not said the name already and outed the firm....

DHL getting bounced due to bad zip code???..... Is Constanza sending you the money???

#49     Feb 27, 2006
  10. Complete, absolute, bullshit. These guys are lying to you. I went through this exact same thing with DHL sending a package to the Dominican Republic no less. Their computer system caught the incorrect postal code even there. They then changed this, and mailed the package. It still got to a VERY out of the way destination in two days.

Get an attorney now!

#50     Feb 27, 2006