Prop firm with low retainer?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, May 26, 2010.

1. I've been looking all around, it seems the lowest minimum I can find for remote trading is 5k. I currently have around 3k. Anyone know of a prop firm that could accomodate me?

2. If you are not highly experienced and this is all you have, you really are not ready...

3. Haha, I understand why you would say this, but that is not the case at all.

I live in Southern California, have a terrible job, and medical expenses. Honestly, I am trapped. I slave away every day, with only one goal in mind: getting behind a prop desk. Nothing else matters, this is my future

It is hard to save money, I've been living on peanut butter sandwiches to save up for a retainer.

I live and breathe the market, I am tuned in all day. I've been trading for 1 year, learning as much as I can. I need more capital, ASAP, there is money to be made.

I am sick of high commissions and low capital, I deserve MORE.

Sure I am not a 10 year veteran, but I am more than ready to at least BEGIN my career.

My life is at an all time low, but my excitement and passion are at an all time high.

I refuse to do what I'm doing for the rest of 2010, my life is passing me by. I am confident in my skills and ability to adapt, I need a way out.

Note, I am not using this as a get rich quick idea. I have been serious about this for an extended period of time. I could lose all the money I have tomorrow and still continue the march forward....

I am 25 years old, graduated from UCI in 2007 -- B.A. Anthropology (sociocultural emphasis), minor Bio Sci

4. Hey whats up man... Im also another trader from southern california. Im out in valencia. I just wanted to let you know that you can try giving ProTradeSecurities a call. They are a firm that requires only 3K to start, but you have to register as a pro and pay 250 for the platform.

Im currently a member of iFundTraders.com as well.. they are a school that funds people who can prove themselves as a profitable trader. The school and membership is good for life. I love it so far.. dont listen to all the complaining about them on here. A bunch of wimps who cant pay a measly few grand for a school cant trade for a dime any way.

Thought you might think this could be of some help at least. Another option is to find a direct access forex broker where you can deal inside the spread on the interbank market. I trade through MB Trading and they allow you to bid and offer... Good deal if you ask me. I love trading with them.

Have a good one man!... good luck trading!

5. Thanks for the reply, I'll check out ProTrade

Actually, I live in Santa Clarita too haha. Over off Plum Canyon in Saugus....

I like the idea of entering a training program, but not a $10,000 training program. I know it is probably a good investment, but it's an investment that is out of my reach.

We need a prop firm out here, just sayin

6. WTS is a prop firm that allows you to start with only 1500 to start with only 75 cents per 1000 shares. They want a 50/50 cut on profits though.. Doesnt seem too bad if you trade a lot and want super low commission.

Good luck.

7. After reading this, I will shorten the response to:

this is all you have, you really are not ready...

8. If you read the website of ifundtraders, it states that you pay almost $ 10,000 total for their education, so that is much different from a few grand like you claim. So either you are ignorant, a liar, or a shill for that company. So you are in fact funding your account from some % of your education fee. For example, they could have a deal with a prop firm to give them $ 5,000 of your education money and keep the rest for themselves.

If someone wishes to pay for education and trade prop, then the best is to find a real prop company that accepts you, and pay for their strategies directly. Many real companies offer 1/2 the cost for education and include being mentored by traders that you will be working next to at their company.