Prop firm w/ no capital contributions

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by stockcharts, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Recent graduate here wondering if prop firms with no capital contributions and 70% profit payouts is a good way to start a trading career?

2. no capital contributions, and 70% payout... if "no capital contributions" means if you lose it you're not responsible for it, then HELL YEAH it's a great start, it'd be a great start even @ 10% payout

3. Not at 10%, with Title paying 50%.

4. paulj

paulj

Yes, thats a very good deal. What firm is it thats making that offer??

5. flash28

flash28

Would it be a good deal if new trader is joining a firm with no risk, 30% of profits, and fees of .007/share?

6. Please PM me the name of the firm offering that deal. That sounds too good to be true.

7. bespoke

bespoke

Title is 50% and .0002/share

8. i dunno.

theres 75 % splits with .008 2k draw

theres 30 % splits with .004 2k salary

does that mean you shouldn't take the deal you got? If you have no experience, doesn't matter then. But if u do, then I don't think its such a hot deal...of course if you did have experience i don't think u'd be asking this on ET, fair enough eh.

9. Stockcharts...if you are new to trading you might also want to focus on finding out which firm has the best training program for new traders. Since learning to trade in a consistently profitable manner is so difficult, being with a firm that provides a good mentoring/training program is invaluable.

Sometimes prop firms advertise that they have good training, but they give you a few short videos to watch and turn you lose, or have you sitting next to a "mentor" who is not very profitable themselves (often because the good traders in the office do not want to be bothered with the distraction of helping out newbies). A lot of firms teach techniques that used to work, but will make you lose money in current market conditions.

You are going to have to be net profitable to even get to the point of worrying about a profit split, and that is an extremely difficult thing to do on a consistent basis.

It might be better to get a 50% payout (with no capital contribution) than a 70% payout if you get to go thru a very through training program and learn from people who know what they are doing. It can be very hard to determine who has a good training program, so you will need to ask a lot of questions from a lot of people within the firm.

#10     May 31, 2008