Prop Firm Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by T-Bone Trader, Feb 10, 2009.

1. If you're not making good money in this market, either you're not a good trader or your prop firm training sucks!

I've never made so much money going both long and short intraday.

I used to only make money in up markets but now I don't care since I seem to make bigger profits in down markets.

Amazing how I've improved to be able to daytrade either direction.

Good luck guys!!!

2. Tide31

Tide31

Great to hear you swing both ways T-Bone! No place for a bull market trader these days. Careful though, with statements like yours you may have to back it up on here with full disclosure.

3. Tide31

Tide31

I always felt that markets tend to go up in an orderly fashion. On the upside you get much more 'back and fill'. Oppourtunities to get onboard if you missed. In a down market, they tend to move much more quickly. The biggest and quickest bang for your buck I have always found on the short side. To me things tend to deteriorate much more quickly then when they appreciate in value. I am not a bear, I just find it easier to make money in a down market. Especially with no uptick rules any more. For newbies, - 'Wikepedia': NYSE plus tick rules. Used to be a much tougher play.