Prop Firm that caters to remote traders

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by big_jdez, Mar 30, 2006.

1. I'm looking for a prop firm that doesn't mind lower volume traders.

Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. gordo

gordo

Hey Joe,

Someone started a thread about reputable prop firms. It looks like alot of them offer remote trading setups. If you have not checked yet, you could always start with Bright and Echo, they do remote. HTH

gordo

3. I know those guys. Bright wants $25,000 and Echo wants $10,000.

I'm looking to start off with less and trade less frequently.

Assent >> How much do they look for to start?

Carlin >> Ditto?

Etc.,,

Thx

4. gordo

gordo

Can't answer those, but someone will chime in here. There were a couple of firms mentioned awhile back that seem a little closer to what you might be looking for. Look up Motive Capital, they have something like a $5k capital contribution. Do not know much about them, but it seems that someone spoke well of them. They might offer what you are looking for. Just can't answer on the others, sorry.

gordo

5. Trade Vision Capital - www.tradevisioncapital.com is where I am at. They will negotiate for your needs.

Sure there are other options, but you should give them an e-mail and see, they go through Genesis Securities and use the Laser platform.

6. We have a beta test in place, and we do take people with $10K, but I must say with all sincerity that you would be foolish to attempt this with really short funding....remember, the reason 90% of all business ventures fail is lack of funding.....don't fall for the trap of easy money from a couple of grand...use the money to count cards in blackjack or something that is much more likely to offer you success....trading will have to wait.....(not being critical, just honest.....honestly).....

don

7. alanm

alanm

Quote from Don Bright:
    ...don't fall for the trap of easy money from a couple of grand...use the money to count cards in blackjack or something that is much more likely to offer you success...

Not that I disagree with your main point, but I thought this was funny. $2K/400 = $5 units for the average system. Expected win about 1 unit/hour without jumping through a lot of hoops.

The number of BJ players that successfully bootstrap themselves into a reasonable living with $2K is probably worse than the number of daytraders who manage to do so :)

Poker, OTOH... :)

8. So poker it is!!!

Don:D :p

9. Don,

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

I don't know if you remember me, I'm the big guy (bigger than you :)) that stopped by your office about three years ago.

I was with ETG at the time.

The truth of the matter is that trading is on the back burner right now, but I want to do some light trading to stay nimble, that way I can stay closer to the markets.

10. Has anyone from Canada contacted Motive Capital or Trade Vision to see if they will cater to Canadian Traders? Thanks.

Hex

#10     Mar 31, 2006