Prop Firm Terms Evaluation

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Canuck709, Apr 7, 2009.

1. gtl

gtl

Is there any prop firm offer the following for Future Trading?

< 10K deposit, &
    > 50 split for me, &
    1 round trip transaction per day, &
    Program Trading, &
    Remote Access (I am not living in US or Canada)

Thx

#11     Apr 11, 2009
  2. yeah 8 per 1000 shares is expensive imo. i dont think youll find a much better deal tho if the firm offers an office in manhattan and training. Im willing to take on the pricier commisions if the environment is good and i have access to traders better than I...

hell, i'd probably pay a buck/1000shares if the training was good enough..

a lot of ppl on elitetrader forget that the deals arent as great for people who don't have a proven track record. of course, everything is negotiable if u can be profitable consistently

i think 8/10 with decent training is a hell of a lot better than 5/10 with no training for someone starting out. If u get no training it doesnt matter how low your commissions are, commissions should only matter if u are profitable anyways.

if u say u can be profitable at 5/10 and not 8/10 then i think u probably need to rethink your trading style b/c your margins are too thin.

#12     Apr 12, 2009
  3. Just to follow up I checked the TSX fees and they are listed as 0.0037 per share for removing liquidity. So looks like they are just passing through based on a million shares traded (removing liquidity). Interested to see how that compares tou the ECN fees in the U.S.

Also IRESS is the platform not the name of the firm. Seems pretty steep even if the pricce includes platform and data feeds.

Commission structure could be decent if you were very active in a few names trouoghout the entire month. For my purposes it won't work as I may only enter a single name once per month.

Split does seem high if I am ponying up 25K

#13     Apr 21, 2009
  4. Canuck,

I am not with a prop firm [yet] nor have I ever been with one, but I've done a bit of research to know that your setup seems extravagant.

Do not give them $20k of your money on the bet that you'll get 10k back. You should much rather find a firm that lets you have a capital deposit of $2k or $5k...

#14     Apr 21, 2009