Prop firm owned by clearing corp

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Weasel, May 5, 2004.

1. No spinning...I think we can just say that since we are the only firm that I know of that offers any protection (as I always say "check the balance sheets"), that we keep our traders well protected..."the spin stops with the balance sheets."

(Just keeping it light)...

Don

#21     May 9, 2004
  2. I was a Market Maker on the Options floor, and MM's on the Floor usually have "pit" with a handful of stocks. MM's for Naz stocks simply trade from order flow...they don't bother with the real markets unless they have to.......so be careful if you consider Naz trading.

Be sure to learn how to do your "opening only orders" - properly, not like we did them last year....Over half the money that new traders make is from this strategy, heck we are even letting College students use our money to do it for free....

Anyway, good luck...let me know how it goes...."Tapes" ? Hmmm, what happened to Vito's training?

Don

#22     May 9, 2004
  3. Echotrade has a full-time, very professional risk management department. They are extremely vigilant and always on top of orders, leverage, various exchanges going down (arca for example, outstanding orders etc. One knows at all times - intraday - where they stand.

At the moment, Echo is not providing in house training.

Let's remember tho that ANY prop firm makes their money from the commissions they charge. So.... if a firm can keep adding traders and makes a concerted effort to add traders, it is not out of the goodness of their hearts - it is to make more commission money.

One might ask the question regarding the amount of marketing done and what that means about the firm.

#23     May 10, 2004
  4. Anybody have Nick's number in the NYC office? Thanks
    Please PM me.

#24     May 10, 2004
  5. Alex helps him out now if he doesn't answer...

#25     May 10, 2004