Prop firm or work on the floor

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dblumie, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Look up the video for Penn & Teller's Bullshit --> "The drug war is bulshit" ... at the end of the "documentary" there's a stock trader saying how he has to smoke about 12 joints in a day [doctor's orders] while trading stock...

#31     Aug 30, 2008
  2. Go to a video store, rent "pursuit of happiness" [starting Will Smith] - and learn a thing or two about this business and the kind of oportunity that you have...

enjoy trading options, I hear they're a lot of fun to trade... :) [I trade stock...]

#32     Aug 30, 2008
  3. I'm sure you're absolutely right, we should all go out and smoke 12 joints a day while we're putting on positions. Makes sense to me!

After doing sooo much work in preparation for the job, working physically, mentally, and spiritually- the determination and commitment to excellence... It makes perfect sense to me for me to then go and blow dubbies while executing in the heat of battle.

I once read a story about how the military was considering having the US Marines and NAVY SEALS blow dubbies while breaching the forward edge of the battle area and on reconnaissance missions.

NOW really ducking and heading for cover!!!!

:)

#33     Aug 30, 2008
  4. I make no "bones" about it. I was high in the Bond pit every day. There was a ying-yang. My "feel" was as good as any trader in the business. LARGLY because of pot. OTH my discipline was the WORST of any trader imaginable because of pot.

The same way listening to a song high might get you into the bass line deeper than "straight" I was able to get a feel for which way other traders were leaning. The downside is in trading there are times when you SHOULD panic. When I'm groovin' I tend to think "no prob it'll come back"........

Now I often get high at night when I'm working on my charts and game plan but during the session I'm as sober as a judge.

John Lennon's Across the Universe portrays his thoughts on acid. Think about the lyrics and how they relate to the journey of the speculator who is trying to dig below the surface and beyond conventional sentiment.

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
    They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe
    Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my open mind,
    Possessing and caressing me.
    Jai guru de va om
    Nothing's gonna change my world,
    Nothing's gonna change my world.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,
    That call me on and on across the universe,
    Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box they
    Tumble blindly as they make their way
    Across the universe
    Jai guru de va om
    Nothing's gonna change my world.

Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing
    Through my open views inviting and inciting me
    Limitless undying love which shines around me like a
    million suns, it calls me on and on
    Across the universe
    Jai guru de va om
    Nothing's gonna change my world

#34     Aug 30, 2008
  5. It's all good friend, it wasn't my intent to be an ass:) I lack the seasoning to suggest to anybody what is or is not the proper way to put on trades. I can only be responsible for my own attitude and actions in and out of market:-D

I can say though that I very much enjoy the stories and anecdotes from the more experienced of the bunch.

Cheers:)

#35     Aug 30, 2008
  6. Oh gosh, I didn't think you were an ass at all!! And I certainly DO NOT advocate drug use. It's funny though. I quit getting high and drunk for 9 years and they were the most unprofitable 9 years of my life. While I still seldom drink since I started toking again in 2006 I became IMMEDIATELY profitable. It might be completely different for others though. We all self medicate and I know my limits. Good trading to you!!

#36     Aug 30, 2008
  7. :-D

Right back atcha!!!!!!! I'm all for what works:)

#37     Aug 30, 2008