Prop Firm near Austin Texas?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JCBLESS, Jul 16, 2006.

1. OK....caught that one later in the day.....I respect your opinion.

BTW, here is Assent Trading in Austin info......

12708 Riata Vista Circle, Suite A108
    Austin, TX 78727
    Phone: 512-249-8827

#11     Jul 17, 2006
  2. RXIS

RXIS

What would it take to get hired? I don't have much of a track record to show for.

#12     Aug 24, 2006
  3. Bullet,
    Can you elaborate on the "FINE PRINT"?

#13     Sep 7, 2006
  4. TRADERBM

TRADERBM

I think Assent is a solid choice. I have been a trading with them for a while now. But do your due diligence and go where you are most comfortable.

#14     Sep 7, 2006
  5. GMillz

GMillz

Is anyone willing to share some of this bad information that they have heard about Kershner Trading? I have an interview coming up in a few days with them and I would like to be as best informed as possible.

I understand the whole "feeling out" process that they may have...if I had a team, I would want to be very selective with who I brought on as well.

I've heard mostly good things about their training and mentoring program. After all, the Senior traders have great incentive to ensure that their new traders are successful.

I've heard the payout can be beat, but I'm more concerned with learning how to do this as a career than I am the payout as a recently graduated senior...however if I was a vet, maybe the payout issue would be a bit more pertinent.

Thanks.

#15     Sep 7, 2006
  6. #17     Oct 23, 2006
  7. I have also have read the mixed reviews on the place.

Can you choose your coach?
    Is it just spread plays & open book crosses the coachs are teaching?
    Is the split 70/30 going in?

#18     Oct 24, 2006
  8. what is the interview like? Is it the stuff like "whats the probability of pulling conecutive aces from a deck of cards" or is it more "why you want to trade" type of stuff?

#19     Oct 25, 2007
  9. also, with the firms where you are not putting anything in up front, what happens if you break the bank? the just dump you or are you in a big ass margin call...

#20     Oct 25, 2007