Prop Firm in Singapore

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nevilepa, May 27, 2010.

1. royconago

royconago

Hi ALL

I am interested in this prop firm thingy, can you send me more information, thanks

Rgds
    Roy

#21     Oct 6, 2010
  2. ark

ark

i guess its canceled ?

#22     Dec 16, 2010
  3. What internet connection do traders use in Singapore?

I was in Singapore some mths back, and the retail,even business connection via singtel,starhub was dreadfully slow and had high latency. It's simply not suitable for scalping.

I am guessing traders there use some specialized services?

If any of you guys are aware what they are ,let me know, i might be relocating there.

#23     Dec 16, 2010
  4. Salleh,
    You looking to trade via a arcade or retail. If by an arcade then try UOBF Schneider, Ong 1st and Philips. NewEdge does not take customers with less then 1USmillion and Fortis is not less then 1/2 million USD.
    Singapore is laying out Fiber Optic Cables and hopefully by Mid June next year all places in Singapore will have Fiber Optic Cables.
    Let me know if you need any more information

#24     Dec 16, 2010
  5. Broker,

I am currently trading via Lightspeed and Interactive brokers and intend to keep them. All I need is a suitably fast connection to my rented office. I dont really want to trade via an arcade and stuff, i mean i do just fine on my own. Any good suggestions on who to approach to get the connection set up?

I mean what do all the hedge funds and prop firms over there use.

#25     Dec 17, 2010
  6. There are 3 major providers in Singapore for high speed internet lines
    Singtel, Starhub and M1. You can use any one of them. They have prices for home use and office use. Most of the arcades here use leased line, particularity to CME, SGX, LIFFE and EUREX. The others are connected by mostly VPN. I really do not know what the hedge funds use, unless the hedge funds are doing stat arb then it would be leased line. The speed for Stathub' s Max Online is quite good. I assume that you trading stocks via Lightspeed. There is more provider who does solely business internet lines Qala.com.sg
    Hope this helps and let me know if you need any more info

#26     Dec 19, 2010
  7. bstay

bstay

i think he's been asking about latency and ping times since 2009, and insisted that Singapore is "not suitable" for scalping Level2 Nasdaq. the distance between Singapore and US is over 9,400 miles so ping times average 345ms and nothing can change that. we do just fine trading from Singapore and if he's looking to debate on the latency then i'm not sure what connection is available.

#27     Dec 20, 2010
  8. thanks, will check it out

#28     Dec 20, 2010
  9. I understand the latency is what it is, just looking for the best possible solution.

Cheers

#29     Dec 20, 2010
  10. bstay

bstay

#30     Dec 20, 2010