Prop Firm in NC

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by macarthur, Jan 15, 2006.

1. macarthur

macarthur

I'm looking for a prop trading firm in NC, preferably a firm that is willing to teach/train new traders. I had no luck searching the net. Does one even exist? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mac

2. Welcome to ET. I asked the same question a while back and never got an answer. Where do you live, if you don't mind saying.

3. macarthur

macarthur

Thanks for the welcome Hoodoo. I'm currently in Chicago, but looking for a place in Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham. I'll be relocating sometime in the next few months. Are you in NC?

Mac

4. I've looked and the closest I've found is something called Privateer Trading that puts ads on Monster. Yet, I've sent them 2 emails and never got a reply--I'm not thinking theres too much going on there.

I talked with some people a few months ago that were interested in opening a prop office in Charlotte who were trying to find out if there was any interest. I haven't heard back in a month. I'm not sure if there was enough interest in Charlotte or not. I think they wanted to find at least a handful of people willing to start before they spent the money. I need to give them a call and see where they are on that.

Oh, I'm in Charlotte.

5. Thanks for the reply Mac. I live between Wake Forest and Raleigh. There are some traders. There is a daytrader club listed in meetup.com but now it only has two active members. Just doesn't seem to be any interest out there that I can find.

6. buret

buret

as long as you're in Chicago, learn as much as you can there by going to the CME and CBOT classes. I'd recommend the one by Gramza and Shaleen (not sure he's still teaching there). They're good anc cheap.
    May I ask why you're moving to NC,of all places ?

7. chapper

chapper

I can confirm that Privateer exists in Charlotte, a good buddy of mine works for them. They started here about 1 1/2 yrs ago or so, he really likes it. He hasn't mentioned anything about adding any new guys lately though.

8. pm me if you are interested, im looking to open a few offices outside of new york within next couple of months..
    thanks