Prop Firm? Educational Companies? Free Online Education? What do we do???

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mohan22, Nov 8, 2009.

1. When I said that it "can be learned," I meant learned the way I learned -- years of study, trial and error, etc. on my own.

#11     Nov 13, 2009
  2. ammo

ammo

#12     Jan 18, 2010
  3. I am in agreement with tomdavis on this one. I have gone the "self-taught" route.

The act of trading is not hard. Trading well is hard.

Teaching well is extremely difficult. I know this as fact (former flight school owner).

To teach a subject in a high-stress environment ups the ante even more. On top of that, the student and instructor need to be matched. Auditory instructor and visual learner? Nope. Not going to work.

--- The short version ---

In order to trade well, you have to stick with it. To stick with it, you must enjoy it. To enjoy it, you must like to do what is required to do.

I strongly suggest to spend time with each niche of trading until you find what fits.

Explore position trading, swing trading, and day trading.

Explore stocks, futures, commodities, foreign exchange, options.

Explore domestic as well as foreign markets.

Explore automated strategies, gray-box strategies, and discretionary trading.

There is a ton of free information on the web. Some good, some bad. I have bought books. Some are good, some are bad. I have not attended any classrooms or seminars, although I'm sure some are good, and some are bad.

--- The long version - my experience so far ---

When I started trading, everyone said daytrading was too risky, and no daytraders made money. So off I went researching fundamentals and puting on trades that went on for months. I was bored, and wasn't learning fast enough.

Then I decided to research swing trading. Less fundamentals and more technical analysis. It was okay, and I learned faster. But it wasn't me.

Slowly I worked my way down to daytrading equities and occasionally index futures. I love it. It is me. The speed at which I learn fits the speed at which I want to learn. I stare at screens almost all day, watching each tick and test of important levels. Some of my trades last less than 30 seconds.

A whole lot of work? Yes. My money doesn't come easy. And sometimes I work all day to break even. Some days end in the red. But each day I see self-improvement. If that ever ends (I don't think it will), I'll probably go back to being bored and have to quit.

I have a ton of time and money invested in me. A fair amount of money has been flushed down to lower Manhattan because of my own mistakes. My guess is that my "tuition" will be ongoing. But I've chosen to pay as I go rather than pay up front.

Right for me? Yes. Right for everyone? Definitely not.

A final note: You may be better off with a "guide" than a "guru." Befriend someone that does what it is that you are interested in exploring.

Beware, though. Many are often skeptical of people asking questions. I don't think it is because they have secrets. I believe it to be because they think everyone sees trading as easy money. I can say that's been true at times in my case.

#13     Jan 27, 2010
  4. that makes sense...thanks.

#14     Jan 29, 2010
  5. SCAM ALERT June 1, 2011: I am angry at myself for falling for this. I spent $36,000 and lost my last savings to what I thought and hoped was my financial freedom. Lee Escobar was THE PUPPET MASTER! A Chaplain using his calling to gain your trust.

Why did I get a motovational bracelet at this seminar when it was supposed to be Basic Real Estate training?
    (says: Failure is Not An Option)

I hope you all read this, cause they have to be stopped. Kiyosaki MUST be held accountable as he receives money and puts his name on it. I will continue to post as I gather my thoughts, lost dreams and self-esteem. Is there a group lawyer? I want to be added.

- Forced us to say OhYa after everything he said.
    - Black list people if you don't sign up immediately. You CAN'T EVER ATTEND anything from them.
    - Help U set up CC, so it will pay for ADV Training.
    - FREE? I had to pay for $199 for the Free Seminar, so I could listen to the Upsell. Or else. THEY LIE!
    - only 1 bathroom break a day to keep you in your seat listening.
    - CANCELLATIONS: 3 DAYS OR ELSE YOU PAY!! Interesting that they have a cancel form ready, cause they KNOW a % with cancel and thats ok, cause the masses end up paying anyway.
    - Teacher put "L" in front of his forehead, SAVINGS & 401K plans are for LOSERS. Repeat After Me!
    - Lee Escobar WON'T ANSWERS your questions, saying you are disruptive and STARES AT YOU UNTIL YOU SHUT UP OR LEAVE.
    - Lee Escobar says hes a Chaplain and uses his preacher voice and claims he was sent here to help YOU!!
    - Actual Training over 3 days: 2 hours (NO QUESTIONS ALLOWED AT ALL)
    ...take the Cash flow game and copy the DEAL Cards and that's what they taught.
    - Actual UPSELLING over 3 days: 22 hours
    - Surveys ARE FIXED to make THEM LOOK GOOD!!

Lee has a Mobile home park development in a binder. This binder was horrible, lacked content, was missing the plot location of the actual park, and ONLY showed you pictures of what a Mobile Home Looks like. JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE IN CANADA that went thru the 32 Million dollar SNOW-JOB. IF THIS GUY REALLY IS A MILLIONARE, these PROPOSALS would be Dynomite. A fifth grader did this as a class-room project. THERE WAS NO PLOT where it was going. HE MADE IT UP!

Watch Robert Kiyosaki Admit he is having issues with learning partners
    http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2010/road_to_rich_dad/main.html

May 23, 2011: BY THE BBB WARNING WARNING
    http://www.workathometruth.com/blog/2011/05/23/rich-dad-seminar-warning/

John T Reeds detailed list of why Robert Kiyosaki is a phony Huge list here, about 30 pgs. Even shows where the marines gave him a great Review even after he bashed the Marines
    http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

- If Robert Kiyosaki & Kim Kiyosaki were sitting there, it would be a TOTTALLY DIFFERENT Seminar. OR WOULD IT? PLS MAKE THEM ACCOUNTABLE, their names are on the game cash flow and supports this group by receiving Millions of dollars.

When I go to Tony Robbins, I know I'm going for a motovational speach, here we are all Blind sided. We thought it was a Basic Training to Real Estate. LIARS!!

- Warns against using Realtors for anything, DUH, caused most of its illegal.

- did you know every teacher has experience in Motovational speaking to church masses, and pastors.

I may not be like LEE ESCOBAR (Bent-Lee), but atleast I have MY Morals. HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS?

Tag words: SCAM Tigrent Rich Dad Poor Student Robert Kim Kiyosaki Lee Escobar

#15     Jun 20, 2011