Prop firm deposit 10-30k 100% payout?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Batman15, Nov 21, 2011.

1. hitnrun

hitnrun

what a great quote

most traders fly by the seat of their pants & when they have a financial meltdown they wonder why

either one is a professional trader or a gambler

in reality most are gamblers that call themselves traders

#41     Nov 23, 2011
  2. wts is crap do a search on here. they hide all the fees till you send them money then attached whole bunch of fees to your account. or change payout levels from what was agreed.

#42     Nov 24, 2011
  3. at least my firm, which a wts sub, charges only a software fee and a % of my PL, both are very competitive

#43     Nov 25, 2011
  4. I'm with WTS. never had a problem with fees or anything like that that wasn't fixed immediately. Always get paid out on time.

their risk management is kinda MIA. it's BYORM (Bring your own risk management) with WTS.

#44     Nov 25, 2011
  5. It seems more difficult than going directional and hedging with options, as with "many pairs" you'd have to not only game the appropriate size but also hold it for the correct amount of time in order to capture the delta.

I'm sure it works for some, it's just not my style, but probably worth learning the strategy at some point. Good to know.

#45     Nov 25, 2011
  6. Don,

2 questions

1. If someone had a series 7pm in the past but expired as the 2 year timeline, does he need to retake the s7?
    2. I remembered you mentioned clearing through Merrill lynch so you get traders 100% have you ever considered going back to the 100% pay out model again?

#46     Nov 26, 2011
  7. see pm

Don

#47     Nov 26, 2011
  8. Good.... as you're aware, strategies and how effective they are tend to rise and fall due to many factors. The hard part is knowing how and when to modify, adjust, and just plain try something different (after you have most of the basics down pat, like entry points, exit points, routing (reaaly big currently), etc. intraday).

All the best,

Don

#48     Nov 26, 2011
  9. rnrow

rnrow

Anyone that thinks the 100% payouts by JBO firms will continue is going to have a bad surprise. CBOE, FINRA, Phlx...are all saying high payouts on sub-accounts are a red flag. The accounts look like customer accounts not firm accounts and might be treated that way in the future. That means 4:1 during the day and 2:1 at night.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

#49     Nov 26, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, I agree. The 100% payout structures are over. All the gimmicks out there are coming under scrutiny. There are many firms trying to get around the 100% payout and I think they are going to be in for a surprise very soon. The JBO model is under attack by the regulators. Class B members CANNOT be construed as retail customers.

#50     Nov 26, 2011