Prop firm (bright?) for nondaytrading buy-hold stocks?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by econometrics, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well my firm does as do many others. Honestly, I think most do. Holding overnight is not the issue. It's whether not you actually know how to trade. Most firms are going to want to see some kind of a track record either before you join the firm or a track record with the firm showing you know what you are doing. Look man, daytrading is practically dead. Almost all firms are evolving and moving forward. I don't need to name single firms because they all do it. Trust me on this. I'm not here to make shit up.

#21     Jun 24, 2011
  2. The following is a question ... not a statement...

How Close Is Echo Trading Flexibility to Bright Flexibility ?

http://www.echotradeonline.com/

This would be an apples to apples questions...

thanks.. :)

#22     Jun 24, 2011
  3. edge. i know echo is usually 6-1 over night 3-1 max per position. from what i was told directly by them on several occasions . not as liberal or risk adverse as bright is to my knowledge. echo is a good firm for day traders with the ability to do some over nights. most firms are risk adverse to any over night positions.

#23     Jun 24, 2011
  4. Mav74.. you mentioned their are other firms that offer over nights at a lower costs right? ok. all the firms offer over nights? I disagree with that. however you failed to mention any names of firms that actually offer the same as bright? If all firms offered what bright does in over night positions with same equity required I am sure you or others would be more then happy to chime in right? The fact is most firms are so risk adverse they will not allow any over nights if anything very limited. regardless of track records and all that bs. money talks is all that matters. sure their are some firms that require 100k in equity for over night positions. .. no offense.. I only asked because i thought you actually had some info to share? but your just talking in circles without providing any proof that answers my original question? if you can not provide any names then why bother mentioning it to begin with? everyone on et knows your a pro.. not a bull shitter. why the mystery in naming firms?

Why not share info to help traders compare firms?

#24     Jun 24, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Fine, have at it: VTrader, Coastal, Cassandra Group, SMB, JC Trading, Cornerstone. Let me guess, you have 100 follow up questions now right? I gave you the list. Now do the homework. I don't rep these firms with the exception of my own. So call them and do the math.

I'll say it again, ALL firms allow over nights. Not with 5k in equity and not if you have never traded before in your life. Use common sense here.

#25     Jun 24, 2011
  6. boy you have a attitude. i can care less. you opened your big mouth about it. your a know it all . why come on here.. so take your list & shove it since you always like being a arrogant prick on et most of the time. of course your not promoting vtrader . your firm does require 100 k plus for ovenight trading. bright is 20 k equity period. i guess your having problems understanding the concept of my post .. " all firms offer overnight trading" your clueless. your a fucking joke.

#26     Jun 24, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you serious? You ask for my help and then you go apeshit? I give you the names of the firms. You PM me all your questions and I answer them accordingly. What do you want me to? Do you know how many guys in ET I have helped get into prop firms? I'm not talking about mine, but other firms. Do you know how many guys on ET have actually flown to Chicago and met with me at my office to talk shop? Do you know how many guys on here I have done favors for?

A little word of advice. The trading community is pretty small. Be careful what bridges you burn. I have probably helped more guys on ET then anyone else over the last 10 years. I don't need your attitude. Especially after you e-mail me asking for help.

#27     Jun 24, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Do you want me to post all 16 of your emails you sent to me on here. Come on dude. Let it go.

#28     Jun 24, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You sent me 16 e-mails bud. I've got them. Do you want me to post them? I think you burned all your bridges on here now asking others for help. It's a small world. I'm just telling ya..

#29     Jun 24, 2011
  10. i never asked you for help. what are you talking about? don asked you to mention some names & i did as well for the benefit of all. such a big secret. go insult someone else. i only asked you 1 question.we are talking about this post, not some questions i asked about your firm in any pm. stay on topic ok. not for help. i been trading longer then you dude. You manage a firm, shoot your mouth off & everyone suppose to run. your just like all the other idiots in this business. and you want to be a smart ass then here you go. the truth hurts. learn some respect. it's a two street.

#30     Jun 24, 2011