Prop Deals For Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by AMT4SWA, Sep 30, 2003.

1. The 12 inch rule?

#11     Oct 3, 2003

2. You've obviously never lived in a Ski town.

:)

#12     Oct 3, 2003
  3. Yes i heard the office in Incline will be ran by some top notch big time traders...wish i could live in paradise like incline!!

#13     Oct 3, 2003
  4. jeffgus

jeffgus

A foot of new fresh snow and a mandatory meeting at the Hill. Trade til 8:30 PST and be back in three hours to trade the close. Nothing better in life than those two things. Fresh pow turns and
    still have the ability to trade the open and the close.

God dam, that is a good quality of life.

#14     Oct 27, 2003
  5. Sign me up!! LOL

I like the idea of firms opening trading offices in "vacation" locations. Awesome idea. Afterall, trading can be done anywhere there is broadband internet access. Might as well be where the action is.

Oh, and an office in Hawaii would be sweet too.

#15     Oct 27, 2003
  6. Would that be Greentree by any chance? Kinda sounds like their biz model.

Its funny how many traders live in Incline due to the tax advantages (Nevada). The ski hill there isn't so great though, but some fantastic skiing can be found in less than an hour's drive (Squaw, Alpine).

Jay

#16     Oct 28, 2003
  7. Refco Trading Services has offices in London,Paris,Gibraltar,Sydney,Montreal and Chicago.Seems to me that those offer some good vacation spots for their traders..
    Become a succesful trader for Refco,and see the world..

#17     Oct 28, 2003
  8. I've lived in vacation locations my entire trading career (16 yrs so far). That was the whole point.

Tahoe
    Park City
    Hood River
    San Francisco (I was there for the windsurfing).

Probably moving to Maui in January. Not looking forward to the hours though.

Jay

#18     Oct 28, 2003