Prop 47 is California's Biggest Blunder

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 1, 2019.

1. It's not just California. Soros spent a lot of money getting far left DA's elected all across the country and one of their priorities is enacting this sort of policy. They don't need a referendum to do it either. Like Obama, they just make up their own set of laws and apply them.

It's all part of turning us into a third world shithole as fast as possible.

#11     Nov 1, 2019
    elderado likes this.
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, so I don't know if I agree with your last statement. You think there is malicious intent and the desire to turn us into a third world shit hole why? I can understand how groups on the left might think that this is the way to go and be wrong, but to imply they actually want to destroy these areas - what would be their purpose in your mind?

#12     Nov 1, 2019
  3. Some of it no doubt is a craven political appeal to the soft on crime wing of the party, but a lot of these people despise our country and its traditions and culture. They don't really make any secret of it either. This is their idea of people's justice, greedy shopkeepers forced to pay a theft tax directly to the poor. Guess what, they've got their eyes on your house, your cars and your IRA. It's really not all that fair that you have more than someone else.

#13     Nov 1, 2019
  4. Operating a retail business in a major California city has to be tough. High taxes, pervasive regulatory requirements, high real estate costs, and rampant shoplifting requires a business to keep raising prices. The consumer is able to find much better pricing outside of the city or online. Over time, city based businesses are destined for failure, entrepreneurs will leave, and other businesses that directly or indirectly benefit from the businesses that left will start to hurt. Tax and other revenues will decline, causing the local Government to reduce services and or increase taxes and other fees. This process is what creates the negative economic feedback loop we see in long term Democratic controlled cities.

It all comes down to a couple of basic, fundamental principles: The productive should be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor and the unproductive should not be subsidized.

What about the disabled? Where church, family, and charity fall short, the government could warehouse the disabled in a low cost area by providing physical shelter, utilities, and food, but without money being transferred. Not transferring money would eliminate most of the abuse of our system.

#14     Nov 1, 2019
  5. Their message will be, you rich people should be grateful we didn't take it all, because that's what Bernie would have done.

#15     Nov 1, 2019
  6. TommyR

TommyR

im no expert on california but extreme wealth often sees beyond borders and reaches out to global causes in need first.

#16     Nov 1, 2019
  7. Disease, homelessness, rampant crime, and exploitation of children right here in the US, especially in long term Democratic cities. If we are going to take care of anyone, it should be own own, first. Right?

#17     Nov 1, 2019
  8. elderado

elderado

#18     Nov 8, 2019
  9. #19     Nov 8, 2019
  10. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

This is actually a fairly common trend across the country to reduce incarceration rates. Oklahoma voted in 2016 to raise the felony threshold for theft from $500 to $1000. I was very leery when it passed because I thought it would lead to higher theft rates, but our theft rates have actually dropped. Felony convictions for theft have also dropped.

This might not work everywhere, but it seems to have been a positive for Oklahoma.

#20     Nov 8, 2019
    Cuddles likes this.