proof...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dgmodel, May 14, 2003.

1. i think he was just wondering if anyone is really making it, or if everyone is just blowing smoke

and i think he hit a few nerves

#11     May 14, 2003
  2. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

trustfund babies, ppl who come from wealthy backgrounds, etc... ppl who are retired... ppl who work and trade on the side... by the theory that most of trade on, (general pop is typically wrong) it is safe to say that a majority of ppl who are on here are not profitable... over 80% of the daytraders out there fail, you dont think a few of the ones who fail post here??? what i was trying to say is that the signal to noise ratio here is quite ascew and to those who do not know who the "real" traders are do not read what others babble about etc...

#12     May 14, 2003
  3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

lol... basically...

#13     May 14, 2003
  4. gms

gms

For content. Audiences tune in because they love to be led. They love to know what the forecast is (even though no one can be accurate about that every time) rather than know how to trade. But the show doesn't care about that. The more people are hooked to watch, the more the show can charge advertisers. The more they can charge advertisres, the more money they make. Same with financial magazines. Cover popular headlines lines such as "What 5 Stocks To Buy Now" attracts buyers to the magazine, increases readership, and that's what their ad rates are based on. That's all they really care about, survival of self.

He Who Brags About A 15% Return For One Year

#14     May 14, 2003
  5. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

and how does this site stay in business???

#15     May 14, 2003
  6. It's obvious that dgmodel is talking about other ET members and that drprotrader is talking about the trading or investment industry as a whole.

To dgmodel...there have been and currently are ET members showing proof almost every trading day via realtime chat rooms where they post their trades without too much of a delay.

Some have been posting consistent winners for many many months to a few years in some realtime chat rooms.

If you have been a member of some of these public and private free realtime chat rooms for at least a year...

you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

These guys do not post hindsight end of the day results.

Most of these successful traders don't care about how many points they got or didn't get...

all they care about if they followed their trading plan or not.

They post in these rooms for many different personal reasons and not to prove something to any doubting thomases out there.

A few are using Camtasia screen recorder to record exactly what they see on their charts, what they actually do in their trade execution account and their realtime posts in the mIRC chat room that mimics what they actually did in their brokerage account.

Camtasia is an excellent trading tool to use in review at a later date to spot and fix trading problems...

much better than doing reviews of printed charts or scrolling through back days of non-continous charts on your monitor.

(Note: You better have a very large harddrive to record a months worth of info in case you want to do it for yourself)

Go to #IndexFutures room on the FinancialChat server...

ask your same question...

tell everybody what NihabaAshi has told you that he said a few in there are using Camtasia for documentation (personal reasons)...

and I'm sure someone will share with you a some files for proof...

for a reasonable fee.

Now...why would they charge?

First of all...these guys are busting their butts every trading day they trade and are documenting themselves for their own personal trading journal.

They aren't saying..."Look mom...I just made another +5.50 ES points per contract".

Therefore...aren't bragging and don't need to brag.

Thus...you better be willing to cough up some serious dough along with coughing up personal info about yourself to gain a peek (instead of free access) at what they are doing.

If nobody excepts your offer...

then just keep assuming that everybody is not able to trade for a living.

I know a guy from the #IndexFutures room that shared (freely) his brokerage statements along with random Camtasia recording dates...selected by the doubting thomas...

all he got was more doubts that he wasn't whom he said he was and that these could be the records of another successful trader and not his.

Geeeesh...

if you guys want 100% foolproof evidence...

trade yourself...become good at it...then slap yourself on the back knowing you are proof to yourself.

In other words...stop worrying about what the other guy/gal is doing.

Any trader that comes to ET and brags everyday about how many points per day he/she is getting...

just put them on ignore.

P.S. If you want to get good at trading, finding and fixing trade problems or documenting realtime action on whats occurring on your monitor...

http://www.techsmith.com

Their software is called Camtasia Studio and I have no affiliation with them nor with the #IndexFutures chat room.

That's a trading tip you should not ignore if you are a struggling trader or truly want a true personal trading journal...works great on multiple monitors.

NihabaAshi

#16     May 14, 2003
  7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

very well put... and thank you for the heads up on the software... (btw i am in one of the rooms as well, and am quite familiar with whos who, and whos not...)

#17     May 14, 2003
  8. nitro

nitro

Say hi to thetraderprofit for me.

nitro

#18     May 14, 2003
  9. Ditch

Ditch

will do.

Ditch

#19     May 14, 2003
  10. Actually, what that means is that the peformance is pretty much like a coin toss for many of those advertisers - yes, they had a few heads in a row and encourage you to give them the money, but let's face it, the probability of the next coin toss being a head is still 50%. :D

#20     May 14, 2003