Proof: The World Has Been Cooling For 2000 Years

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 11, 2012.

1. pspr

pspr

Rings in fossilised pine trees have proven that the world was much warmer than previously thought - and the earth has been slowly COOLING for 2,000 years.

Measurements stretching back to 138BC prove that the Earth is slowly cooling due to changes in the distance between the Earth and the sun.
    The finding may force scientists to rethink current theories of the impact of global warming.

It is the first time that researchers have been able to accurately measure trends in global temperature over the last two millennia.
    Over that time, the world has been getting cooler - and previous estimates, used as the basis for current climate science, are wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...man-Medieval-times-modern-industrial-age.html

2. jem

jem

Which explains why Romans and Greeks could march around in robes and sandals

I hope the et leftist drones comment on this.

3. Brass

Brass

Seriously, jem, you must have been the ideal lawyer to have on the first go-around for clients seeking to appeal.

4. =========
    Re; Repeating pattern.

Thank God we dont see more like that the PBS special. It was a rather scary[black , white, grey] TV special in the 1970's on global cooling scare. It was still a bit scary.It replayed several year ago.LOL Music was probably picked for more scare; along with so many dreary winter scenes.Get the ''picture''?? Cool

A river in Canada , froze for the first time...;
    Vikings were forced off [because of cooler temps] Was it Greenland or some other northern location??

Europe had a cool spell /dark ages ++/;
    where a multiyyear cooling spell had produced famine.

Good thing algore doesnt know about a parabolic stop & reverse ....

Global cooling is more scary,[than scam of climate change/global warming] especially if one likes to wory about such things.LOL

Al Gore should be sued for fraud, the founder of the weather channel says.:D

Ps; thanks.

5. jem

jem

An ad hom to change the subject.. brought forth by the leftist drone.
    Why would a leftist drone do such a thing?

Is it because a few weeks ago we work from posted others who showed that agw alarmists were leaving out data which showed warming 2000 years ago?

Now the tree rings confirm it was warmer 2000 years ago.

All this truth too inconvenient for a leftist liar like you?

6. You have faith in those scientists, jem ?

7. Mercor

Mercor

Jesus is the one who made it cool....

8. jem

jem

thats a good point.

could it be true that man made CO2 emissions cause warming? sure.
    do we have an proof of that.... not in the data.

So
    I highlight the work of theses scientists because it is consistent with my argument that we have data showing warming precedes CO2 accumulation in our ice core histories.

We have data (other recent data) there have been other warmings in the last 2000 years - which would also be contrary to the idea that man made CO2 emissions cause warming.

So this tree ring data is consistent with that data

At the moment I neither "believe" these scientists or the AGW scientism crew.

I do suspect the data these guys produced is real and I suspect their conclusions are reasonable... as they are consistent with the idea we had warmer periods in the last 2000 years.

9. jem

jem

You might be on to something...

Jesus is cool - ask the doobie brothers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Is_Just_Alright

"...
    The song's title makes use of the American slang term "all-right", which during the 1960s was used to describe something that was considered 'cool' or very good. The song has been covered by a number of bands and artists over the years, including The Byrds, Underground Sunshine, The Doobie Brothers, Alexis Korner, The Ventures, DC Talk, Shelagh McDonald, and Robert Randolph (featuring Eric Clapton).[3]

10. pspr

pspr

He <s>was</s> is a cool dude.

#10     Jul 11, 2012