Proof that it's getting worse and worse...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by thenmmm, Nov 6, 2010.

1. thenmmm

thenmmm

I find it...laughable (kind of...) when some people are brainwashed by the very recent media propaganda that "things are getting better and it's better than 2008" these last 2 months. The obvious question of course is: What are your arguments? And...here are my arguments that it's getting worse with every single day:

1. The good gold (good old gold...):
    As it's no secret that gold hits all time records high and it may continue...and it's no secret that this means that people like to "invest in gold", which translates to: "Put our money on secure place for years and we don't care of any business - just wait until the storm stops". Which in case you still don't get it, means: Sluggish economy.

2. The unemployment is 9.6%.
    Who says/said that??? The government who counts numbers of unemployed people from unenmployment offices - but what about all others who aren't registered? This would easily mean that the real number can be as high as 20% or even 25% - which translates to every 5th or every 4th doesn't have a job.

3. The dollar hits 15 years record low:
    See point 1. - you might find some connection ;).

4. People invest in China and not in US/Europe:
    Now that's a problem too...the obvious problem is that people in China would arguably become richer but the situation in US and Europe will become even worse - which means that only God knows what can lead this to (probably a WW3 in the next decade if it continues this way...).

5. INX, DJIA, FTSE, DAX, etc. are getting better?
    Says who? Or more likely: What kind of idiot will say such thing?
    Yes, they're better than the crashes in the late 2008 - but they aren't recovering - my ass might recover...but they will won't in the near term.

I can say much more..but it suffices given that it's friday night and i should probably find something much better to do...other than bitching against the economy - but it's really shockingly bad. I won't be that concerned even if CNN reports that a giant asteroid is approaching earth and it will hit us in...1 month - provided I was a millionaire and have 1 nice month to spent :).

10x ;)

2. (email comments "It Speaks For Itself", from Dr. Cordell O'Connor)

Subject: speaks for itself...

Now , after reading this, you will understand what extreme right-wing parties ( i.e. Tea Party (GOP)) are up to . Such as my previous e-mail re; "what the real question should be..."

After The 8 Years Of The Bush/Cheney Disaster, Now You Get Mad?

You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President.

You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate Energy policy and push us to invade Iraq.

You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed.

You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed.

You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us.

You didn't get mad when we spent over 800 billion (and counting) on said illegal war.

You didn't get mad when Bush borrowed more money from foreign sources than the previous 42 Presidents combined.

You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars in cash just disappeared in Iraq.

You didn't get mad when you found out we were torturing people.

You didn't get mad when Bush embraced trade and outsourcing policies that shipped 6 million American jobs out of the country.

You didn't get mad when the government was illegally wiretapping Americans.

You didn't get mad when we didn't catch Bin Laden. You didn't get mad when Bush rang up 10 trillion dollars in combined budget and current account deficits.

You didn't get mad when you saw the horrible conditions at Walter Reed.

You didn't get mad when we let a major US city... New Orleans... drown.

You didn't get mad when we gave people who had more money than they could spend, the filthy rich, over a trillion dollars in tax breaks.

You didn't get mad with the worst 8 years of job creations in several decades.

You didn't get mad when over 200,000 US Citizens lost their lives because they had no health insurance.

You didn't get mad when lack of oversight and regulations from the Bush Administration caused US Citizens to lose 12 trillion dollars in investments, retirement, and home values.

Hmmm....You finally got mad when a black man was elected President and decided that people in America deserved the right to see a doctor if they are sick.

Yes, illegal wars, lies, corruption, torture, job losses by the millions, stealing your tax dollars to make the rich richer, and the worst economic disaster since 1929 are all okay with you, but helping fellow Americans who are sick...

Oh, Hell No!!

3. <object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHqeIxj78rY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IHqeIxj78rY&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>