Proof that Israel wants WW3

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Any reports on if the russians specifically targeted israeli interests or other known israeli-linked targets inside Georgia?

#21     Aug 12, 2008
  2. Bravo Georgia, Bravo Israel, two western democracies working together against a totalitarian imperialist bully. Shame on Putin and his lapdogs.

First they came for the Georgians,
    and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t Georgian.
    Then they came for the Ukrainians,
    and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn’t Ukrainian.
    Then they came for the Lithuanians,
    and I didn’t speak up,
    because I wasn't Lithuanian.
    Then they came for me,
    and by that time there was no one
    left to speak up for me

#22     Aug 13, 2008
  3. Say whatever you want about Putin, but he is a student of history, has big, brass balls, and is one of the most savvy politicians on the global scene today.

He'll get everything he wants and more. And there's not a damn thing any other country can do about it.

He said 'hell no' to BP.

And the Russians fall ever more in love with their leader.

#23     Aug 13, 2008

4. So what is new?

Zionists making money from yet another war.

After the Russian Ass-Kicking, one hopes the Georgians will be smarter than the Americans and kick the zionists out.

As Kissinger has shown, you put a zionist in position to instigate war, and you will always get one. The monetary beneficiaries always being the Zionists.

The Russians have done a good job of removing the zionists from their power centers. It's time western nations smarten up and do the same thing.

#24     Aug 13, 2008
  5. Uhm, according to the reports from Haaretz of air-lifting some israelis out of Georgia, there are around 12 000 ethnic jews living in Georgia. It's not like there was a "jewish insurge" or something. The georgian defense minister is a former israeli, and according to the Haaretz former georgians who had lived for some time in Israel started business proposals and brokered deals with israeli arms dealers.

Georgia-Israel ties will continue to be strong for the the foreseeable future I imagine, and they will certainly continue to have economic relations as well.

All this effort of portraying the russians as the truly bad guys in all of this, is, after looking at to what can be gained by this conflict, what the supporters of the conflict probably wanted all along. This focus on Russia and tarnishing, as well as the increased focus on NATO ties, is the grand prize that the conflict is about - it makes perfect sense for those involved, and they are reaping the rewards now.

We will undoubtly see politicians trying to build public opinion further so that they can get public backing for their strategic goals. Deutsche Welle showed a piece where opinions on Saakashvili seemed not so positive in the georgian capitol though. Don't know how that will play out, but the quick retreat by Russia could backfire on the formerly unpopular georgian leadership that sent in troops with teargas and watercannons last year against an uprising unhappy with the georgian government.

#25     Aug 13, 2008
  6. Now that is origional. Sounded like you were preparing your 'Elite Trader' Troops for war a_person.

#26     Aug 13, 2008
  7. http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/08/12/Fleeing_Georgians_fault_leaders_allies/UPI-99841218552061/

Fleeing Georgians fault leaders, allies

TBILISI, Georgia, Aug. 12 (UPI) -- At least some Georgians are spreading the blame for the outbreak of hostilities not only on Russia but their own leaders and allies.

For example, Lvan Kakashvili, whose house was flattened by Russian bombers, told the Chicago Tribune he is "very angry" with Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili for giving their neighbor to the north an excuse to launch an attack.

"He knew that if he hit Tskhinvali (South Ossetia's capital), the Russians would hit Georgia. Now they are bombing us into oblivion," Kakashvili said.

Likewise, Avtandil Sisuashvili told the U.S. newspaper that he lamented the failure, thus far, of Georgia's allies to back up with any substantial action their verbal warnings to Russia to back off.

"We need to know whether we are still under Moscow's rule or whether we are protected by the West," Sisuashvili said. "We're not sure anymore whether the West defends us. Russia feels like it can do whatever it wants. We don't feel safe anymore."

Russia invaded Georgia in response to the former Soviet satellite state's attempt to rein in South Ossetia.

#27     Aug 13, 2008
  8. Wonder what level the nuke readiness lights have been elevated to now? Up to now any confrontations between the US and Russia and its former self had been done thru surrogates. Any head to head was always out of the question. That Georgia should invade Russian interests and think the cavalry is right behind them rises almost to the level of satire. Inspector Clouseau must be advising him ...uh oh, that sort of judgement has a familiar ring to it. How tight does Bush think he can tighten the noose around the bears neck before it bites him.

#28     Aug 13, 2008
  9. Sorry dude, but you read selective history that supports your view.

The land was originally called Canaan, and was inhabited by what one can say were the ancestors of Palestinians, but not that closely linked. The Hebrews that had to leave Egypt, basically came and settled Canaan in a not so friendly matter. Later the Romans came and enacted their not so friendly rule. The name "Palestine" comes from the Roman Empire.

Your knowledge of the Georgian conflict is a by-product of American media, which, btw, waited almost half a day to slant their version toward a certain goal. Let's make something clear, Georgia has been on Russian's sh*t list ever since they sold out to USA in 1990s. The scuffles in the contested areas have been going on for over a decade, but the one which started it was over the top. Saakashvili could have prevented this long long time ago, but it was allowed to happen for a purpose. I mean really, he knows that Russia is just waiting for an excuse to go to war with him. Just watch the play unfold, this conflict is no random accident.

Bottom line, you have not even scratched the surface.

#29     Aug 13, 2008
  10. The land was originally called Canaan, and was inhabited by what one can say were the ancestors of Palestinians, but not that closely linked. The Hebrews that had to leave Egypt, basically came and settled Canaan in a not so friendly matter.
    There is no evidence whatsoever that connects Palestinians to Canaanites. While it is generally thought that Canaanites originally migrated from the Arabian Peninsula even that has never been proven and if it was it would still not constitute a link between the Palestinians and ancient Canaanites. Moreover it has been argued that the Israelites were themselves Canaanites so this whole thing is a very moot point.

The only thing it actually proves is that the two state solution was the right thing to do and we both know that the descendants of Israelites accepted the partition while the alleged descendants of Canaanites did not. :)

Let's make something clear, Georgia has been on Russian's sh*t list ever since they sold out to USA in 1990s.
    I don't understand, are you saying that this is somehow supposed to explain and justify their actions, that if a country pissed Russia off invading and bombing the crap out of it is OK?

Everyone knows that Russia and Georgia has a history of frictions (to put it mildly) actually going back centuries, not just a couple of decades, it's hardly news. Everyone also knows who starts each cycle of violence - Georgia has absolutely no interest in occupying Russia, Russia on the other hand occupied Georgia for a hundred years and now openly supports every separatist movement within Georgia. Whether Russia has or does not have geopolitical interests in that region in no way justifies the unprovoked, brutal and well-prepared aggression and invasion.

#30     Aug 13, 2008