Proof of How Universal Mask Wearing Stops Covid Spread ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by piezoe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Plenty of real life studies posted above in this thread.

#21     Apr 28, 2021
  2. jem

jem

so... What is your point?

Make your point clear... support it with facts... link to the study.

#22     Apr 28, 2021
  3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The studies are all found in a post in this thread -- all with links -- go read them. They were posted earlier today to this thread.

We are not going to post the same crap over and over again just to amuse you.

#23     Apr 28, 2021
    Ricter likes this.
  4. jem

jem

you moron ... we have countered them...
    Lab tests are not how masks function in real life.
    Studies which were done on certain time slices have now been countered by second waves during masks mandates.

Which is why Tsing said... there are studies in support and studies contra.

But... we all agree masks don't protect the wearer.

#24     Apr 28, 2021
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

These are not lab tests -- but studies in real life. Obviously you are pushing nonsense. Go read the studies and educate yourself.

#25     Apr 28, 2021
  6. jem

jem

make your point asshole...

I am sure I already read your studies..
    They will be bullshit models or very biased and limited time slices as...
    I have already proven to you with the Danish study and the CDC study that masks don't protect the wearer.

So all you have left is the theory that they protect others...
    Which is possible in theory... but has not worked out that well in real life..
    as we have seen the massive spikes after mask mandates...

#26     Apr 28, 2021
  7. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Pure nonsense from you. These studies are the real-life results of mask wearing in Kansas and elsewhere. They are not models.

Obviously you don't actually read studies that use science & facts to contradict your fabricate talking points. This is just one more example of you making false claims about what the studies even include.

Bottom Line: Studies show that masks and mask mandates reduce COVID spread in real life.

#27     Apr 28, 2021
  8. jem

jem

Yes... and this in part because there was so much bullshit put out by the governments that was not based on real data.

The first order of business to get the public on board... is data... facts and intelligent guidelines base on those facts.

There was no fucking way you were going to get half of the public on board when you had morons running around acting like you we had to be scared of other people outdoors.

Yet many times I was confronted on hiking trails by morons telling me to wear my mask.
    I had to tell them that the country rule was... if you maintain six feet you don't have to wear one.

One woman in particular went crazy.... when I told her the rules.

She started swinging her walking stick at me. I told her she just risked her health by getting inside droplet range.
    She went even more nuts. I looked at her husband and said if you are so fearful why are you out here?

Another time... as my son and I were walking up... without our masks... a group told the ranger.

The ranger knew I hiked there all the time. He explained there is one spot where the trial was not 10 feet wide and that most likely we were walking around that section.

When have crazy uninformed people and non data based laws you are going to have compliance issues.

----

Closing down beaches and parks and hiking trails was obviously insane.
    Demanding masks be worn outdoors was not data based.

So therefore you idea of basic compliance and data... most likely do not agree.

Had the morons in charge... shared the data and said things such as...
    the high risk have to protect themselves even in their homes.
    That masks don't protect the wearer..
    That healthy you kids can go to school but unhealthy kids can stay home...

We would not have had morons running around shaming far more informed people.

#28     Apr 28, 2021
  9. jem

jem

limited time slices...
    potential that herd immunity was developed in the more dense areas... so they already peaked while rural areas were on the upslope.

so I have a question... how did those counties with mask mandates do when Covid exploded for its second wave in Kansas.

Did the masks prevent the explosion in those counties?
    If they did... then you might have something... if they were not also locked down.

#29     Apr 28, 2021
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Compare their COVID spread rates to areas not wearing masks during the spike. Imagine how bad COVID would be without wearing masks during a spike (as science has proven). The idiocy you keep pushing that "they had a spike so masks don't work is absurd nonsense" -- there are plenty other reasons that drive spikes; new variants, seasonal indoor time, other re-openings (e.g. re-opening restaurants, schools, etc.) and vaccination levels.

Once again the proper way to study the actual impact of mask mandates is in the 3 to 40 days time period after they are imposed. Preferably with an equivalent area without mask mandates or lower usage that can be used as a control group. Other variables must also be accounted for which impact the study such as re-openings of restaurants, etc. This is how proper scientific research and methods operate.

#30     Apr 28, 2021
    Ricter likes this.