Proof of How Universal Mask Wearing Stops Covid Spread ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by piezoe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I've used an old martial arts trick that implies a greater penalty for non-compliance than compliance :)

I've been running about 15-20 miles a week now. Probably for the last year and a half, gradually increasing distance with some off days built on speed. The knees have lodged a formal complaint but thus far, they've not refused to comply.

Neighbor saw me a week back and said "see you running all the time. You gettin' ready for something?" I looked at him thoughtfully and said "old age."

He nodded sagely.

I turn 50 in 5 months. :(

#201     May 7, 2021
    Ricter likes this.
  2. userque

userque

The risks an individual takes is up to them. A doctor can advise surgery, a patient can decline. Based on the odds, medical experts--if not just the patient's doctor--can conclude that the patient is making a poor assessment of the risks.

I argued that posters hear are arguing as though those who wear masks shouldn't worry, which doesn't take into account that there is still a probability of infection, even while wearing a mask. So maskers do indeed benefit if others also wear masks.

I argued the same regarding taking the vaccine.

I made no arguments regarding driving, hang gliding, planes, or rain.
    The risks associated with catching the virus while masked vs. unmasked; vaxxed vs unvaxxed; distance vs close; stand on their own, and are a matter of math and or experiments. They have nothing to do with some mathematical variable called 'freedom.'
    You can't go back in time; do things your way; come back; and tell us how things would have turned out.

Freedom has restrictions; they are called laws, rules, regulations, and codes. If you don't like anyone of them, there is a process for you.

#202     May 7, 2021
    wrbtrader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Best damn summary in a long while.

wrbtrader

#203     May 7, 2021
    userque likes this.
  4. userque

userque

Thanks Bro.

#204     May 7, 2021
  5. jem

jem

Wow you are probably so compromised mentally you don't even understand you just made an argument for autocratic society not based on the good of the people.

Luckily we live in a Society in the west where the govt is supposed to serve the best interest of many while still protecting the rights of the few.

Your argument was right out of the Soviet Union play book.
    Well done.

Obviously you did not understand the analogies I was making to the "risky" activities we allow (almost all activities carry risk to some) ... In the west we weigh the risk vs the reward before we restrict freedoms.

If you don't understand that point... you don't understand the point of living in the west and having freedom.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    #205     May 7, 2021
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

upload_2021-5-7_10-38-12.png

#206     May 7, 2021
  7. userque

userque

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

#207     May 7, 2021
    jem likes this.
  8. jem

jem

This is for anyone?
    When does this end?
    There will always be risk. Introverts may love this shit... but its not normal.
    It does harm.

Are we going to have to wear masks and deal other freedom destructions to protect the immuno compromised the rest of our lives? is that what you pro Covid fear type all desire?

Can you even quantify the risk of Covid to a healthy person who has been vaccinated?
    Do they have to fear Covid more than the flu or shingles?

#208     May 7, 2021
    Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

interesting

#209     May 16, 2021