Proof if you're the genius you think you are

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gunslinger, Dec 22, 2005.

1. I think 17 is actually historiometrics.

The first part is mostly a test of your Latin and Greek, not your IQ. I don't know Latin or Greek so I'm just guessing.

Martin

#11     Dec 22, 2005
  2. Awesome, explain to me cabbages to kings, I dont get it

#12     Dec 22, 2005
  3. That's not an IQ question. It is how well educated you are. Bias.

#13     Dec 22, 2005
  4. The walrus and the carpenter speak "of cabbages and kings" in Lewis Carroll, John Steinbeck wrote "Of Mice and Men." I just looked that stuff up, all I knew was that I'd heard the phrase "of cabbages and kings" before.

Martin

#14     Dec 22, 2005
  5. bvam1

bvam1

Given the 1 month time frame, anyone could do this! There should be a time limit to accurately test a person's IQ. And oh, the first 28 question is not an intelligence test.

25. Five square (they said squares, not a cubes. So you can stack them vertically too.)

28. The example is wrong. There're more than five distinct patterns in the tetrahedron. There can also be 3 sides black and 7 whites, 3 sides white and 7 blacks, and more...alot more. Hm, I am starting to question the validity of this test.

29. Again, the example is wrong. There're only 3 distinct shapes. The core cannot be taken out, otherwise, the top cube in the middle of the top side would fall down and create a similar pattern as in "1 in the middle of the side."

Ok, I am going to stop here...obviously this IQ test sucks!

#15     Dec 23, 2005
  6. 25. I'm gonna say 9. Maybe you can do it in 8, but 5 is not correct.

28. A tetrahedron has 4 faces, not 10.

29. They did say the cubes were glued together.

This may not be an IQ test but whatever it is you failed.

Martin

#16     Dec 23, 2005
  7. Not even that. Some of it is just literary trivia. The answer to 18 is Morlock, which could only be known by those familiar with <i>The Time Machine</i> by H.G. Wells.

#17     Dec 23, 2005
  8. bvam1

bvam1

Ah crap!

Tetrahedron has 4 faces, you're right! I remember wrong!
    And the cubes are glued together, ahaha, read it wrong! Tricky!

I guess I failed this test so far :(

#18     Dec 23, 2005
  9. Enthusiastic testtakers crave pats on the head. The craving's origin is likely lack of fatherly attention when taker was young. Those who need approval act according to known constructs and make lousy traders.

I won't take your test and allow you to judge; I'll make the test and judge you.

#19     Dec 23, 2005
  10. mxjones

mxjones

I answered all 40*

*disclaimer - I did not say I answered them correctly.

#20     Dec 23, 2005