Proof Cramer is a fraud and a nut job

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Jun 23, 2008.

1. #11     Jun 23, 2008
  2. It's a fact that trading is zero sum, correct?

If someone breaks the rules, pick a synonym, cheats, steals, extorts, where does that come from?

Answer: honest guys.

It's everybodies problem.

#12     Jun 23, 2008
  3. Wow, that's pretty amazing/damaging video.

Why aren't the callers questioning his lunacy? They're probably super screened or cut off if they get out of line.

He sure does pimp his book a whole lot.

#13     Jun 23, 2008
  4. It's amazing, isn't it???!!!!???? PT Barnum would be humbled by this. Except, PT didn't kill people. You paid your nickel, and saw a woman w/ a fake beard.

This guy is probably killing people by the dozens. It use d to be hundreds, and before that thousands. Cramer is about to be a footnote.

I don't even have guys post, "Oh yeah??? Well, he's rich. He's really really rich. You're just jealous." anymore.

Well, Castro's rich. And I'm not jealous of him, either. Brad Pitt? I'm thinking. Of him, maybe. Just, all those friggin' kids.

#14     Jun 24, 2008
  5. Super screened, but his show is tape delayed. So they can edit till their heart's content.

#15     Jun 24, 2008
  6. To the OP

I love Jim Cramer.

He is very enetertaining.

Street.com said this and then said that...aaand what is your point ?

If your idea of investing/trading is to watch tv in the evening and place money in the market the following morning I wish you luck.

Maybe in your delusional world everyone can quit their job after subscribing to a newsletter.

Who is really to blame, Cramer for giving recommendations or some miserable idiots for listening to them ?

How about you make your own tv show ?

Moron

#16     Jun 24, 2008
  7. Did Cramer say anything about the banks/brokers in between the 2 time frames? If he changed his mind during the week then the video is irrelevant.

#17     Jun 24, 2008
  8. It’s a television show, the point is to get high ratings and sell advertising, and it has a long-only bias. So when a bear market comes around, he is stuck making horrible calls on the long side, because he wont make short calls and there’s no ratings to be had in just saying “bear market, sit in cash” and then running paid-programming to fill the time slot every day until the bull market returns... I really don’t have an opinion about they guy, but would advise people I know not to take his show too seriously because I know it has a bad format from the get go.

ratings driven + long only = bad business

#18     Jun 24, 2008
  9. hughb

hughb

I was listening to his radio show one afternoon a couple of years ago and one of the callers came on the air and said, "Hey Jim, you're an asshole!" and then started giggling like a little kid. Cramer just said, "sorry you feel that way" and hung up on him.

#19     Jun 24, 2008
  10. The biggest mystery to me is why would a guy like Cramer who is worth at least $50m, $75m or even $100m wake up at 4:30am, drive one hour to get to his TheStreet.com office, then drive to the TV studio and tape his TV show for some ridiculous salary. Waste 12 hours a day for what?

Why doesn't he retire for good?

#20     Jun 24, 2008