Promotion or Trade?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by HispaTrader, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Candletrader,

What do you think is a good size account for trading futures/commodities? For example, $10K per contract, etc. I know there are a lot factors that must be considered, but in general, what are your thoughts?

#21     Jul 20, 2005
  2. Thanks again to everyone for the quality and sincere responses to my questions! It helps to get the opinion of other traders. The responses were fairly consistent which gave them that much more weight.

For those of you who are interested, I have decided to take the promotion and trade on a longer timeframe. I will continue to daytrade as time permits and may also trade other markets outside of normal U.S. trading hours. In the meantime, I will continue to build my trading experience and continue to learn. I currently use Linda Raschke's trading methodology (she is a phenomenal trader, IMO) and will be studying Wyckoff over the next 6 months or so. For me, the journey to becoming a profitable, consistent trader is as much fun as anything. I love the challenge that the financial markets provide, and I am definitely focused on the end goal - being well prepared and well capitalized to trade for a living.

Thanks again to all and best of luck in your future endeavors too.

#22     Jul 21, 2005
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

another satisfy ETer, come back with your journal when you are ready :)

#23     Jul 21, 2005
  4. atta boy

#24     Jul 21, 2005