Promising trading ideas for 2007

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Cutten, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Cutten

Cutten

Corn
    Japanese stocks
    German real estate, consumer, and financial stocks

That's the 3 ideas I have the most conviction in right now, for the next year or so. Corn feels like gold/silver/oil 3-4 years ago. Jap stocks and German consumer/financial/RE stocks feel like US stocks circa 1994-5. There are other markets I think can do well, but the risks appear higher and/or the rewards less or less certain.

Anyone else?

2. BenChi

BenChi

I am looking at Clean Energy stocks/funds. Climate change is really starting to seep into public consciousness and the political picture is right. I think we will start to see these come unglued from the price of crude a little bit.

Is there a good way to take advantage of a bull market in corn with something other than futures?

3. If CBOT-Corn can get back above $5/bushel, a Corn-ETF will probably be created similar to gold.

4. Stick to basics.

Akuma

5. Japanese and European Large Caps.

The USD.

Industry leading insurance companies.

Junk bonds.

6. Buy water. No, not water, water. But water related industries.

THIS IS FOR A LONG-TERM INVESTMENTS
    for next 10+ years or so.

PS there is my attachment of my draft to the english final.

I did it on water scarcity. If you will understand the problems around the world in there....you will understand the problems in US that will eventually come.

PSS this is a draft so nevermind grammatical mistakes.

7. Buy 10-yr notes, sell bunds. Hold til rates cross.

8. Long Hang Seng and Nasdaq

9. Cutten

Cutten

I think Japanese stocks are offering a nice long-term buying opportunity now. I suspect within 2-3 years the Nikkei will be nicely over 20,000s and on its way to 30,000.

I reckon about 10% downside at most, in the short-term. The long-term risk of loss is IMO very low indeed. So, I'm buying here and would look to add more once it appears that the correction is over.

Opportunities to buy corrections during long-term bull markets, supported by improving fundamentals, and with a lack of strong bullishness amongst the public, are rare and usually very profitable.

#10     Mar 6, 2007