Promises 12 million jobs in first term, hahahahaha

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Aug 3, 2012.

1. in china and india

#11     Aug 3, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

And what could be more comforting for your safety and peace of mind than dramatically less regulatory oversight for the profit-driven? And this will somehow create jobs, too? It just keeps getting better and better.

#12     Aug 3, 2012
  3. 'Twas the meaning of my post. The people who want "big/more government" are the freeloading parasites... receiving the benefits and have no intention of ever paying for them. Those of us who are forced to pay for and support them prefer less government.

Personally, I'd prefer (1) a LOT less government and (2) the parasite class to either move to another country or just die... in a just world they would not be allowed to be a burden upon the rest of us.

#13     Aug 3, 2012
  4. As Denis Leary used to say "Life's rough. Wear a helmet."

You want a regulator to go to your house and tuck you in at night, too?

It's a very childish view of the world that would consider all regulations as beneficial above and beyond the costs they impose. Let's stipulate that total deregulation is undesirable, but there are many surveys showing that businesses are concerned with the levels of regulation they are facing, including the costs of covering employees under Obamacare. Are we just supposed to ignore those comments from business people?

"Regulation" is just like any other business and the people staffing those regulatory industries want to "grow their business" just like any profit-seeking enterprise does. If they have to promulgate useless regulations that cost more than they benefit society, what do the regulators care? They're getting paid, their staffs are growing and they're looking to get promoted. If that puts a couple of companies out of business, all the better, since with fewer companies in the industry, it becomes even easier to regulate them.

So, please spare me the naive dichotomy between "for profit" and "government". Government jobs are very "profitable" to those who hold them. To me, a person in the for-profit sector and a regulator are both subject to the same incentives on a personal level, so elevating one above the other is logically unsound.

#14     Aug 3, 2012
  5. OK, got it. Yes, those who are net taxpayers are definitely more intelligent and discerning than those who are not, so we can see that we aren't getting "value for money", too. So, we have to subsidize others AND we get to overpay for the government we do consume. What a deal!

#15     Aug 3, 2012
  6. [​IMG]

Always the same crapola about getting rid of regulations.

#16     Aug 3, 2012
  7. Who was it with the famous quote, [paraphrasing] "...Once the people learn they can vote themselves money from the public purse, that's the end of the democracy"... ??

Odumbo says, "The private sector is just fine"..... he wants the US to have more government EVERYTHING, including employees. He doesn't seem to get the notion that not everybody can suck tit... SOMEBODY HAS TO PRODUCE THE MILK!

#17     Aug 3, 2012
  8. mm19

mm19

capitalism failed.

#18     Aug 3, 2012
  9. "Capitalism"... What's that? Not much of it left in America any more.

America once had capitalism... you know, like when our country FLOURISHED economically... but it was sabotaged by greedy politicians, Libtards and Progressives.

#19     Aug 3, 2012
  10. You know, if I didn't have to live in the same country as whatever one people with your specific kind of delusion want, I would say go for it and "replace" capitalism with whatever it is you want. Want to live like North Koreans, picking corn out of your turds for "reuse"? Fine, no skin off my teeth.

So, you've got two choices. Convince me that "capitalism failed", which you never will, or put your energy into something we can both agree on, which is to split the US into (at least) two separate countries. You can have your country and I can have my considerably less-regulated and more capitalistic country.

Otherwise, prepare for a fight to the death cuz I ain't goin' nowhere, mothertrucker.

#20     Aug 3, 2012