Projecting Returns for the next 50 years

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Dec 12, 2012.

1. I have 5 years of solid monthly data on my trading returns. Since I trade a market that is vast, there is no doubt that this will close to my performance for the next 50 years or so.

I have no clue how to go about doing this. But, I do know there is a way to get this done. So, any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2. Since you claim 45% annual returns (110% over last two years), and $10 million in your trading account, you will have accumulated $1.17 quadrillion in the next 50 years. In other words, you will have all the world's money.

3. I'm sorry. The 45% that I threw out back in the day, in a scenario, was done an example. I didn't claim anything, or any other number in particular as my performance.

4. OIC. And you don't know how to calc a compounded return? I think you should hire Kevin with your meeelions.

The 45% was mentioned by you in that hilarious thread of yours that you had deleted a few days ago.

5. Atticus, I don't know if you have this trouble. Most likely you don't. When I think of much much bigger things, sometimes I tend to overlook elementary things.

It's like Einstein when thinking about much grander things like Relativity, just overlooking a certain mathematical formula for Gravity. It sort of like happens to me as well at times.

6. ****What I was asking was little different from doing a simple compounding of returns. I was much more complicated than that that most other people may not even have been thought about. I don't think I was accurate in describing what I wanted very well either.

Anyway, issue RESOLVED !!!