project-zorro vs backtrader

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by edward22245, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Hey guys, I am looking for a platform/library for backtesting and live trading algorithmic trading strategies.

I just found out about project zorro, but there seems to be very few third party review of the software and barely anyone even talking about it online.

I am also considering backtrader, as I am already familiar with python but have no experience with C.

Does anyone have experience of both? Which do you recommend? Which is easier to use/to integrate with other python libraries? Which is a better tool for backtesting or to deploy for live trading?

Thanks.

2. Trade Station and Metatrader. These are an online brokerage who produce trading software that provides electronic order execution across multiple asset classes, you cant try either of these and see if its compatible with python, i know that C is widely used and much easier but no so sure about python integration

3. d08

d08

C is much easier, the what now?
    Both TradeStation and MetaTrader are closed source and thus unreliable for anyone serious about trading. If the broker API changes and the software isn't updated, you're left with no options.

BackTrader's author is lurking here, so you might want to ask him how he feels about alternatives. It's going to be fun.

4. Use the quantopian one. I’d advise not to use prepackaged back testers just because features are typically not robust.