Programs to interact w/ IB TWS API & place trades

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jtnet, Nov 9, 2006.

1. notouch

notouch

Is it possible to send orders to IB from Excel without using their example spreadsheet TwsDde.xls?

#11     Nov 13, 2006
  2. Amusing and a bad idea. What if IB changes screen forms, different hot keys are set up etc etc ? The whole point of an API is to provide a well defined and more or less stable software interface.

#12     Nov 13, 2006
  3. jtnet

jtnet

i need to do this for a contest, i dont know how to make an auto system or use IB, never have. I know how to scalp intraday minute charts pretty well though. if i can manual trade and it looks automatic that would be great, lol.

i have to make a minimum of 25 trades in 8 weeks. winner = most money at the end of 8 weeks.

#13     Nov 13, 2006
  4. That's really my main point.

Even if it's OK... it is primitive and unstable.

But "automating" Poker Clients in this way...
    Is definitely cause for account confiscation.

And it's fairly easy to tell...
    If a human is clicking or a program...
    Unless the program is extremely well designed to simulate the random behavior of people.

#14     Nov 13, 2006
  5. jtnet

jtnet

how can IB tell? if it was auto or not isnt API jsut some code that lets u interface between its platform and some other program?

#15     Nov 13, 2006
  6. jtnet

jtnet

does wealth lab tie into TWS well?

#16     Nov 14, 2006
  7. Tums

Tums

this program looks powerful. when my new computer arrives in a few weeks, I will download the demo and give it a try
    http://www.tickquest.com/NeoTicker/

has anyone tried it? is it difficult to program? It does not use EasyLanguage, so it might require a bit more programming skill.

#17     Nov 14, 2006
  8. aestreux

aestreux

any apis for metatrader interface to IB TW?

thanks

#18     Nov 15, 2006
  9. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

I presume your talking about the Collegiate Trading Olympiad.

Maybe time to learn how to convert your current manual trading system into code...
    http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/education/IBTradingOlympiad.php

#19     Nov 15, 2006
  10. jtnet

jtnet

looks like AMIBROKER is best, wealth labs isnt really supported. =(

#20     Nov 24, 2006