Programming your Trading Ideas in TradersStudio and TradeStation

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Murray Ruggiero, Dec 3, 2008.

Does having to program stop you from backtesting your ideas.

1. Never tried programming a system, too afraid.

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Tried before and gave up and will not try again.

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Have tried and done simple things, but can't really program useful ideas

10 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a system programming wizard.

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. Thanks, Mr. Murray for the reply. :)

Wishing you all "Happy New Year, 2009!" :D

#21     Dec 31, 2008
  2. Hi all and Happy New Year !
    I bought TradersStudio some days ago. It has its pros and cons but I am very satisfied. Anyway to use it at its fullest potential, it is necessary to learn all its multiple features and, of course, its programming language. Therefore we have decided to set up a special user group for TraderStudio owner as well as for those who do not have it yet but are interested in knowing what can and can not do. The purpose is to have a place where users can exchange programming tips & tricks, helping each other - you will NOT be asked to reveal your strategies - our focus is how to best program the software and use all of its features.
    The user group is a Yahoo group. Nothing to pay. You can enroll here, clicking on "join this group" :
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TradersStudio/

You will receive all messages directly in your inbox. If you want you can opt for a daily digest: all messages for a day contained in a single email. Easy and efficient.

We will also keep an archive of all the messages, an easy reference for future use, just in case you forgot something !
    :D

Of course, Murray Ruggiero is more than welcome !

#22     Jan 2, 2009
  3. Can someone tell me about using optimal f in a Tradeplan in TradersStudio?

New Year Greetings to you all.

#23     Jan 2, 2009
  4. Trader:
    Thanks samuel_weber_74 for the yahoo group. :) Best wishes to you! :)

Here is the link for learning more of “optimal f”:-

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Tutorials/Optimalf/tabid/36/Default.aspx
    Thanks for the greeting. Same to you, JaiSreeram! :)

#24     Jan 7, 2009
  5. Gyles

Gyles

Thanks, Mr. Murray for the reply. :)

Thanks samuel_weber_74 for your efforts. :)

Greetings to you all for the “New Year 2009”!

#25     Jan 12, 2009
  6. #26     Jan 12, 2009
  7. If we have problems, will TradersStudio help us in the translation of the Easy Language code?

#27     Jan 28, 2009
  8. Can someone reply? Please.

#28     Mar 3, 2009
  9. Tums sent me a private message. I answer you here, Tums, because you have selected in your account to NOT receive pm !!!
    No, I never tried to translate for TradersStudio those indicators. 99% of my work is on systems' development. Good tip for you, too : forget indicators and trade only backtested ideas.

#29     Mar 4, 2009
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

If you have problems , support will help you. We don't mind helping because that how we find issues relating to changes Tradestation makes over time that we do not support.

There is a point where support becomes consulting, but our customers will tell you we are more than fair and very helpful.

#30     Mar 10, 2009