programming language designed for trading?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by falconair, Oct 8, 2007.

1. My guess was that I TradeStation is the only existing EasyLanguage implementation and the guy who is writing an EasyLanguage -> C# compiler actually referenced one of my messages on a programming language forum :)

For the sake of explanation, think of me as the guy who is looking to write a language for trading, not the guy who needs to use an existing one to trade.

I am just looking for ideas, the langauge doesn't even have to run. I don't mind if the "language" is just a bunch of notes on the back of an envelope.

#12     Oct 10, 2007
  2. I am curious why you want to develop a trading language? What benefits would you expect? I see that some EL constructions look better for a trader (especially non-programmer) than C# for example (though it depends on how well the C# API is designed) but still there is not much difference between

BUY 100 AAPL LIMIT AT 24.5

and

BuyLimit("AAPL", 100, 24.5);

Regards,
    Anton

#13     Oct 10, 2007
  3. joe88

joe88

Quote:

but still there is not much difference between

BUY 100 AAPL LIMIT AT 24.5

and

BuyLimit("AAPL", 100, 24.5);

--

Not much difference to a programmer, but huge difference to someone like a business analyst who might be responsible for reworking strategies in a business environment.

#14     Oct 11, 2007
  4. jenek

jenek

in russia we use only wealth-lab

#15     Oct 11, 2007
  5. But we are talking about programming language here, right? I am trying to understand what a special programming language for trading can easily do what other programming languages can't

Regards,
    Anton

#16     Oct 11, 2007
  6. Who we? You and your dog? :D

#17     Oct 11, 2007
  7. jenek

jenek

yes. in russia even dogs and bears trade
    FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE:D

#18     Oct 11, 2007
  8. jenek

jenek

i think that it will better to chosse that product which is more adapted for trading and for you experience. For example, if you do not any programming language you can't work with Delphi , python, C+ and so on, because all modules you most wrote yourself. In this case I'm recommend ready trade programm such as WEALH-LAB, OMEGA, Amibroker and Metastock(the amful programm)
    From Russia with love:D

#19     Oct 11, 2007
  9. Trade vodka for cigarets with WealthLab ??? :D

#20     Oct 11, 2007