Programming for idiots

Discussion in 'App Development' started by slug, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ...and why their customers are retail, rather than hedge funds.

#51     Jan 12, 2013
  2. slug

slug

Are you using, promoting, or just came across and decided to pass the site on? If you are a user, can you offer your findings and would you recommend it?

The system I am currently trying out (about two weeks now) is designed more for the intraday trader. It is very easy to pick up but definitely have to work through quite a few of my own errors (remember, I'm an idiot) prior to getting to back test anything. If I see the word "bool" one more time, I am going to lose it (lol). Anyway, I have been pleasantly surprised up to this point and have seen some nice results (back tested only). We'll see how that translates into live trading.

Based on the recent comments, people are very skeptical of anything short of an experienced programmer to come up with anything meaningful.
    I don't know if there is a way to bypass having a full time programmer on staff but I certainly don't see any reason not to try it out.

#52     Jan 21, 2013
  3. hft_boy

hft_boy

Just came across the site. Skeptical that it is not vaporware, but that is probably just my typical programmer skepticism.

#53     Jan 21, 2013
  4. TickIt has quite some success with this (now with TT). I have never used it, but apparently it works for what it is intended for.

I dont know of any other trading related software with the 'visual paradigm', that isnt a complete waste of bytes or vapor. There is one for parametric 3D design, with quite a large user-base. I only played around with it for a little while, but it works surprisingly well. You can also drop in C# codeblocks easily, if you need something custom or need use external libs. I somehow liked it, it encourages you to write small, reusable pieces of code, and its more clearly laid out how the whole thing works, as opposed to having 50 files inside the visualstudio project explorer.

#54     Jan 21, 2013
  5. #55     Feb 1, 2013
  6. Perhaps an example where it, uh, makes money, would sell it better :p

#56     Feb 2, 2013
  7. #57     Mar 23, 2013
  8. How many manuals do you have open when you're coding?

#58     Apr 30, 2016
  9. Dude you bumped a zombie thread

#59     Apr 30, 2016
  10. forgive me i'm a newbe

#60     Apr 30, 2016