Programmer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by '81packer, Jan 2, 2008.

1. I am in need of a programmer --
    I have a trading strategy- Fib / MACD based - that I would like to have automated -
    I use Tradestation -- recommendations would be greatly appreciated !
    Thanks

2. Brian Smith at equityboost.com.
    I have used him for two years with very good results.

3. MGJ

MGJ

Open up the classified ads in trading magazines. Look for "Tradestation Certified Service Providers".

4. Honestly,

I wouldn't waste you time, that strategy is a huck of garbage. Sorry to be so negative

5. find a basic platform like amibroker and do it yourself. at least you'll realize rather quickly that most techniques promoted in magazines or in books by Gurus don't work, and you'll be ahead of 90% of the people out there.

6. are we talking about a public strategy here?

where is it posted??

tks

7. I might be interested in coding your strategy. Please send me a PM with more details on what you would like.

8. rjv27

rjv27

9. Markets are always changing.

That said, how would you alter the code if you are required to on the real-time basis?

Are you just going to be working under a On/Off switch basis?

I am guessing that you are a discretionary trader. If so, you should be well aware about the fact that markets are very dynamic. There are similar conditions, never the "same". Programs don't work well under "similar" conditions.

My advice is to ask someone to test your strategy under a significant amount of data set, first. Decide whether you want to have someone automate it afterwards.

There are steps to take for a non-programmer to implement an "automated system".

If you want signals and hand-entry them... that's a different story...

10. Ed Seykota once said:

"The markets are the same now as they were five or ten years ago because they keep changing-just like they did then"

Well that's a given IMO.

#10     Jan 7, 2008