Programmer Question

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by craigatelite, May 17, 2008.

1. So you are a project manager / system integrator then.

How do you find the quality on rentaacoder.com ?

#21     Jun 12, 2008
  2. The quality is usally good, however, I am selective base on my experience as a programmer. I use Visio to modulize the coding and spread it accross multiple coder. Rentaacoder has a non disclosure agreement, however I don't trust such aggreements.

#22     Jun 13, 2008
  3. Interesting, I am also a 20yr veteran in NYC area.

I reviewed their site. One thing that worries me from the developer perspective is the "Experts Guarantee" deposit for developers. They buyer can make the software reqs unfair thus taking the developers "expert guaranteed" fee. I would not mind to get some side work from this site but that fee worries me ...

#23     Jun 13, 2008
  4. chvid

chvid

"I would not mind to get some side work from this site but that fee worries me ..."

If you are placed in NYC I would think it would be hard-pressed taking jobs thru that site with the rates offered.

10-20 USD pr. hour - surely you can find something better in NYC?

#24     Jun 14, 2008
  5. yeap, I do get some work around NYC ... it was just my thoughts about the site. I do have some cycles left also ...

#25     Jun 14, 2008
  6. You might code it yourself using one of the trading simulation programs that are commercially available.

#26     Jun 14, 2008
  7. I have had mixed reactions with the Rent-A-Coder site. The more complex the program, seemingly the less satisfied I have been with the work. It's a pig-n-a-poke kind of thing. I've had several things done there. Logo designs, SQL project, MySQL project, and several specialty applications. While I've been mostly satisfied, but about 30% of the things that I had done there had to be either redone, or scrapped. :)

#27     Jun 14, 2008