Programmer monthly rate (Java multithreading IB Platform)

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Chronos.Phenomena, Oct 6, 2010.

1. I have 20yrs experience in IT and I trade full time, gave up IT 3yrs ago once I was making more $$ trading 2hrs a day than working 55hrs a week in IT.

Worked for many start ups here in silicon valley. Java based technologies. I am currently building a blackbox in java using the TWS API/hibernate/MySQL/Drools (rules engine), jFreeCharts e.t.c e.t.c

Let me know if you need held defining a scope for a project. I will be posting another video to youTube tomorrow to show where I am in development of what I'm building.

TTYL
    James

#51     Jun 1, 2011
  2. I have an idea and i would like to take the opinions of the experienced programmers here.

I would like to learn programming but ONLY to be able to write the calculating code. Either with Java or C++. I would like to be able to interface the code to the execution code. Also, to be able to test it

how could i start? any resources? any ideas ? suggestions

share me plz your opinion even it is against.

Thanks

#52     Jun 1, 2011
  3. The easiest way to describe splitting the calculation and execution code is to give the execution code programmer a simple bogus system which has the right inputs and outputs. So if you need Time and Sale system and generate smart routed market orders, make up a crude system. Let him get it to work. From a working system, you should have a much easier time programming your actual system to work with your custom execution code.

#53     Jun 1, 2011
  4. dave4532

dave4532

Last week I hired an Indian programmer to develop an interface between Price Action Lab and NT. It is really nothing way too complicated but it involves integrating some GP code I already have that will take the Price Action Lab output, generate a system based on the patterns, write the code of the full system and import it in NT. The code will look at the results of a series of concurrent executions of 40 installations of Price Action Lab on 10 different computers all working on different instruments, then generating the code and importing it in NinjaTrader.

Cost: USD 12K for 3 months full-time work of a senior programmer.

#54     Jun 2, 2011