Programmable real-time market scanner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by I$land, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Check out Insight. I've worked for the company for over 15 years. If you looking to scan lots of symbols (16k) realtime tick by tick, with a felixable language as opposed to drop down boxes, its worth looking at.

www.insight-trading.com
    (949) 240-0990

#21     Dec 31, 2007
  2. Guys, sorry for the delay in responding and thanks a lot, esp Edge for the code. I appreciate that. I will post here when I get a solution worked out. Jim, I will check out Insight later this week.

#22     Dec 31, 2007
  3. I used Worden's TC2000 for a long time and was very happy with it. I moved to futures and haven't looked back.

#23     Dec 31, 2007
  4. Interesting... I had always thought of TC2000 as a bit of a beginners tool, or something for doctors or lawyers who wanted to dabble.

So you could scan hundreds of symbols in RT and get audio alerts when certain price levels were hit?

#24     Dec 31, 2007
  5. lp3yc

lp3yc

I have been trying to hack scanners into shape with no joy especially from Trade Ideas. It is much too limited and the workarounds that they suggest don't rectify the problem.

I decided to try the dentist's option out and have found a fair amount of use for it intraday. The only big issue for me is that thir streaming data does not give pre and post market trades.

A pity that.

However if anyone else comes up with a programmable scanner, please post here

#25     Jan 14, 2008
  6. I'm looking for the same thing, any update on your status?

#26     Feb 24, 2008
  7. lp3yc

lp3yc

My search continues.

Problems encountered. TC2000 good for scanning daily setups BUT even with their Platinum edition the quotes needed for the scans are 20 mins delayed. Don't ask me about the logic behind this. Ridiculous.

SCANWORKSHOP seems to have died a death. I have sent several emails enquiring about this and nobody comes back to me so I am not going to waste money on a program with no support.

Investor/RT
    Question: Can you tell me if Investor/RT features a real time scanner that is user programmable?

Answer
    Yes, but the scanning is limited to a universe of securities that are you are watching real-time via a real-time data feed. Various data vendors have different symbol limits, some allow 100 symbols, others 500, 700, 1800. Are you looking for real-time scanning of the entire market? If so, the answer is no.

I plan to put a spreadsheet together of all the info I have gleaned on my quest and will post it here.

Short answer. No solution yet. Using TI, IB scanner and TC2000 and still not a great solution.

#27     Feb 25, 2008

8. We have slightly different requirements. I need scanning on my watchlist (about 20 stocks). I do EOD scans to make my watchlist.

If you want realtime scans of the universe then I haven't found a solution. I've found EOD that do everything I want (stockfetcher for example) and I've found realtime that do a lot but not everything I want (tradeideas for example, sounds great until you want to add a condition like MACD or any other indicator).

I am just learning IB, I didn't know it had a scanner. Is it ok?

For me, I am in the process of setting up QuoteTracker to do my real time alerts on my watchlist. So far I just have volume alerts but I plan to add MACD in the next few days.

#28     Feb 25, 2008
  9. md2952

md2952

I am looking for a real-time scanner to alert me when an issue...out of 200 ,, crosses over it's opening price, after 9:50 am. Any thought or ideas would be helpful. Thnaks.

#29     Feb 25, 2008
  10. Hello lp3yc,

We use insight for our traders in Austin. www.insight-trading.com Please excuse the website as it has not been updated it in a while.

I don't know exactly how it compares to the other products but we think it is extremely customizable. It takes a huge infrastructure to run it, data feeds and servers, etc. Accordingly most of the customers are from the bigger shops, Kershner Trading Group, RBC, Assent, etc that offer insight to their traders.

However, there is a hosting company that will help you write and host your rules called www.ontimealert.com.

In the spirit of full disclosure, we liked the software so much that we bought the company last year. We don't have an affiliation with ontimealert other than as a reseller. We are a proprietary trading firm and run thousands of real time scans for our traders.

Good luck with your search.

#30     Feb 25, 2008