programmable keypads / Razer Tartarus / Stream Deck

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vic38, Mar 28, 2024.

1. vic38

vic38

Currently daytrading using hotkeys on keyboard, but because I use a number of scripts outside of trading, most of the hotkeys are multiple keys. Considering a programmable keypad so I can have one key trading commands.

Looking around, seems the Razer Tartarus is among the, if not the, most ergonomic of the keypads, but sounds like the software leaves something to be desired. There's also the Elgato Stream Deck, which doesn't look ergonomic at all, and seems like it would suck to leave your hand on that for any extended period of time, but great customizability with a large aftermarket development community.

Anyone using a programmable keypad? Thoughts on those you've tried and what you prefer. Seems the market is currently bifurcated into gaming and streaming keypads, but no dedicated trading keypads, so we have to make do with one of these two styles.

2. ZBZB

ZBZB

There are dedicated trading keypads but I cannot remember the website. If you google trading keyboards there are several sites recommending Logitech mechanical.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. ZBZB

ZBZB

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

6. kbs

kbs

keyboardtrader.com

7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i have a new razer 16 and was also looking at the tartarus , currently i have a Koolertron 48 key.

anything i get next will be optic switched.....

vic38 likes this.
  8. vic38

vic38

Why optic switched?

One of the coolest things about Stream Deck is the aftermarket: https://apps.elgato.com/plugins

9. kbs

kbs

10. heispark

heispark

#10     Mar 28, 2024
    Axon and vic38 like this.